Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ARB Twin Compressor in a Tool Box

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    Thanks Ken. It worked great airing up on NYE out in Mojave.
    Whaaat, no trip report?

As far as making it fit; have you considered trimming out the lid?

Like cutting out the ribs and storage pockets? That might free up a little room to avoid stuffing everything too tight.

Yellow storage pocket is removable. This gives me about 4.5 x 4.5 x 11 for a hose, probably just enough to get that power tank hose in
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Took a gamble on buying the 30' hose from Power Tank.

Fits like a glove:

I'll have to pick up some quick disconnects for it, but this project is now complete.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Cool, nice to see. They are nice hoses.

How are you liking this compressor Sean? With the new 4Runner I'm exploring options for air and am wanting to install it underhood. I've seen the twin compressor installed with little problem but wondered on it's performance. In your option how do you think it stacks up the Viair you have or other Viair options? Does this twin compressor lend it self to being plumbed into a system like you have on your 3rd gen?

I've got an MV-50 and I know now a days there are newer versions of it and ones with dual compressors. Pricewise they are quite a bit less than the twin ARB but I know that the ARB's have a good reputation and are sizewise a bit smaller. I'm pretty spoiled coming off a York (almost 18 years worth) and while I don't need to run air tools I appreciate a lot of air.

I love it so far. Really only aired up once with it. It would be better if it was hard mounted with a tank, something that is even easier than the viair setup due to the pressure switch being built into the compressor.

I am going on a trip next weekend. I will give you a good final review then.

Thanks. It's about $100 more than when I looked at it some time ago but definitely a contender.

What is the price of those ARB compressors these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0050...air+compressor

If you shop around, you can find them under $500

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast