Hey guys, I'm new here and wanted to share a picture of my new purchase.

I needed a new project like I need a hole in the head but I'd been itching for something different for some time. For about a year and a half I'd been toying with the idea of a GX470 and then kind of shelved that while the aftermarket was being developed. I kind of went back to it, then to a 5th gen and then a 4th gen. Of note I was also toying with getting an additional vehicle, like an IS350, just because plus I've never owned a car of my own. Thrown in the mix was also a hot air balloon and a Scat-2 hoover craft (I have some great friends) but I had to keep this midlife crisis warning down to a low roar.

What it is. It's a 2007, SR5, 4.7l V8, 3rd row seating, 85,000+ miles, silver paint and grey/black interior cloth.

Why I bought it. While a hot air balloon would have been fun and something none of my friends have I had to keep my purchase reasonable. I love my 3rd gen and would keep it but I wanted something with a little more room and power. With two kids getting older we needed more room for our travels. We have a 2012 Honda Pilot and it's great but it's offroaded-ness is limited.

The 4th gen, especially with the 3rd row, will give me and the family much more flexibility and if I was going to sell the 3rd gen this would be the reason. The extra power is also nice and while I'll miss the manual transmission I will bask in the comfort of an auto. In some cases the 4th gen is just some much easier to drive.

Another reason I bought this one is that it had just over 85,000 miles and with the exception of little parking lot dings on the painted plastic it's in great condition. I bought the 3rd gen at 84,000 miles and kept it for 10 years and one month, I plan to do at least that with this.

I've taken a lot of the goodies I had in the 3rd gen out and will keep about half of it. Mostly radios and electrics. The new one needs all that plus more and once the 6 month warranty is over I'll be ready, especially for the lift, etc. Overall I'm pretty excited and have had fun buying new goodies. I hope to document some of the new build but the process of uploading pictures really turns me off.

I'll miss the 3rd gen but it's time to let someone else have some fun with it. It's got an entire life ahead of it and hope it doesn't miss me too much. This was the day after I bought it. First mod was removing the running boards.