Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The die is cast: DIY weld rear bumper and tire carrier (True North Fabricatiions)

Shots of the tire mounted, side angle, and cover that I bought on Amazon.

Next steps were to reinstall the rear view camera and custom fab a license plate frame with an LED light. The was the original one I did, which didn't output enough light so I made another with a much larger, wider LED.

Since the holes on the other side are unused (for now at least), I decided to buy some socket bolts to close up the holes and paint them to match.

Oh, I also added some essential trail and campsite mods as well. Two of 'em.

After looking at my truck from behind, I realized that the driver's side brake light is partially obscured by the tire carrier (despite what the mfg says). So for safety's sake, I decided to finally install one of those configurable modules that allow the 3rd brake light to flash/blink. Mine is controllable in two ways: number of blinks/flashes and speed of the blinks. Instead of soldering this in, I decided to make it plug and play by installing male/female connectors just in case the laws change in CA.

I love it. I can tell it get people's attention. If I can see the person behind me texting at a stop light, I'll use it to get their attention by stepping on and off of the brake to keep them honest and to let them know to pay attention.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567