Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quad Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Curious about popping the lenses and resealing. I've never done it and I know those housings are new but there seems to be a bunch of goop in there. When you reseal do you remove the sealant and apply more? I've heard of guys with moisture issues just warming and pushing down but it seems lens removal is the best way to do it.

I've got really bad moisture issues in both housings and want to keep the housings.
    Resealing isn't horrible but you'll need some more glue. Headlight sealant is all that it's called. I've got lots of it but I'm going to need it here soon or I'd just send it to you. Anyway you'll need to cook the headlight in the oven at about 250 for 8 - 10 minutes depending on the appliance. Take a flat head screwdriver and pry the lens off of the headlight. From there you'll need to identify where your "leak" is and then clean up the inside really nicely. Then add your glue cold and then back into the oven for a heating session. Then the glue will be more pliable and should go back together flawlessly.

Since you're not doing any modification I'd say this takes an hour max per headlight. Just make sure you don't get the goo anywhere you don't want it. Acetone takes it off....but it also melts plastic.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Thanks. The glue from the Retrofit Source has been on my to-buy list for some time. We've been getting a lot of rain and whatever leak I have on each headlight is getting worse. My 3rd gen headlights did the same thing.

Thanks. The glue from the Retrofit Source has been on my to-buy list for some time. We've been getting a lot of rain and whatever leak I have on each headlight is getting worse. My 3rd gen headlights did the same thing.
    I'm hoping to have everything done in a week or two but I am not sure how much will be left over honestly. If I have a good amount left I'll just send it on. I'm not planning anymore headlight projects for a long while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Made some good progress

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Took some time off to get a few other things done on the 4runner. I'm waiting on a set of silicone led strips and a larger set of halos for the outer set because I didn't measure properly. Hopefully I'll get some time to grind tomorrow but I have skids to install, a stereo to finish up, and a backup camera to run all the way to the back. I'm hoping theres enough line to get it where I want it but time will tell.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

So lots of things have come and gone. I did not forget but life happens even if you're not expecting it.

There are so many things that I've done on this project but suffice it to say that it has been a challenge.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Looking nice.
    Thanks!

Had a few setbacks though. Mounting won't stand up to the rattle.

Back to the drawing board. Oh well it keeps me busy during the lock down that is seemingly never ending for Michigan.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

So I've made some progress. Between the basement and the beer virus it got busy with projects.

I'm sticking with the triple halo design and adding a strip for the side marking. It adds complexity but at this point it's not much to add. The bracket works and miraculously the bevel fits perfectly over it. Aiming will still be quite an interesting process since there are two per headlight but I suppose I will see what happens. If I can get them to point straight ahead I think I'll have a winner.

I used a new headlight restore system by cerakote. Apparently they will never yellow again. I have my doubts. However it did a pretty good job of getting the haze out of the headlights so I will see what it can do. They would still use a little more sanding work so I will do a couple more sanding stages and then cerakote again for a really clear headlight.

The last parts of the build are coming up! Then I'll have really bright headlights and nowhere to drive [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 06-05-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Oh and she's joined the family officially. Most important mod lol

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder