Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quad Projector Project

Back in the game to get these done before winter. I was able to get a ton of the background electrical stuff done to set up everything for testing and installation.

Also got some new rubber mounted. Just a little higher but they definitely fill out the wheel wells a little better. Not bad on gas after calculations either.

Tossed in some underhood lighting. This will come in handy while I work on some of the other projects and God forbid something goes wrong at night.

The OEM inputs for the lighting are in so I can pull directly off the stock lighting system for switching. Kind of handy. I still have to make the harness for splitting this to the two sets of HID that I will be running but that will be just fine for what I need. My only worry is the dimming feature in the dash lighting. If it isn't enough draw the stock electrical will not sense the load and dim the dash when I turn it on. If that's the case I will have to put a resistor on the driver side light.

Just a quick pic of the bracket assembly with the circuit breaker added in and the silver button is for the underhood lights. It glows red which I thought was kind of nifty. It is a waterproof switch assembly so I shouldn't have any issues with it remaining under the hood.

Installed.

OOOOOOOhhhhhh pretty colors LOL. I guess I didn't forget everything about electrical wiring.

Industrial grade velcro is da bomb!!! They are very secure and it's a 3m product so I trust that it will remain that way.

Had to get creative with the mounting on the driver side ballast but it works and should be plenty close for wiring.

This is the heart and soul of the HID system. I'll be adding a DRL circuit in here as well as an anti-flicker filter to keep everything smooth power wise.

Still 3 more harnesses to come as well as electronic project boxes and oh my!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 09-09-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Man these harnesses are gonna be the end of me. At least I went ahead with the denso connectors in the beginning.

The odd picture out is the anti-flicker harness to the two oem input for the ballasts. Just a quick one. The others are all the controllers for the led accessories. There is 4 of them for each side and I had a hard time thinking of a mounting close enough to where they could be consolidated into one connector. Electronic project boxes were the solution and luckily the pigtails coming from the led lights themselves are quite long.

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 09-14-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Two steps forward and one leap back. One of the projector mounting plates snapped on final install......im reworking the bracket and should have it ready tomorrow.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Well I decided to do some crazy stuff and I got one light near completion. Never thought I'd spot weld on a projector but it worked and the mount is as solid as can be.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Sooooooooo close but I ran out of time. Good thing I'm finishing this now as there is a chill in the air and I still have dt shorties to get installed before snow flies.

Wiring needs adjustment as the Amber's should not be running without the turn signals engaged. Also the modpods are serving as the turn signals which is also incorrect.

I'll have everything fixed tomorrow as I just need to remind some connections.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Unadjusted night shots. My neighbor assisted in naming the 4runner unintentionally. He said the lights looked angry and sinister......so Sinister it is.

Drl shot at night

Low beams

High beams, these things are just ridiculous. Deer can't hide anywhere on the side of the road

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 09-20-2020 at 08:13 AM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Adjusted last night. Still getting some flashes from sedans but they are within spec and lowered to legal distance.

High beams sitting still

This was everything that I was worried about and I am very relieved that I was able to adjust everything to a single line. The cutoff is fantastic even against a pole barn garage. Adjustment was done against the door and then I had the markings on the back wall of the garage. Very happy everything lined up nicely. I was worried about the odd light that was stuck pointing up [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Low beams are very impressive

Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 09-21-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123