Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Betty - My 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Betty - My 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Alright so this got started on another thread, asking about my profile pic... I own a 1987 Ford Crown Vic named Betty. She is in decent condition, but unfortunetly has some minor body damage from a bump and drive off as well as from my stupidity. :P She needs new suspension and possibly a fuel pump soon.... as well as a really good tune up.

Paddlenbike, if you paid twice what I did, it wouldn't be very much. :P I just wish I could do what I want to her... which includes a paint job and probably a new transmission, and maybe parts swap off the 302 Mustang to make her faster. She doesn't handle speed as well as she did when I first got her, boo. But she's been good to me, I've only put about $600 in repairs over the 3 years I've had her. *knocks on wood* And that includes oil changes (which I do myself usually). Need new tires tho...
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Re: Betty - My 1987 Ford Crown Vic

man and to think the very next cars produced by ford were the tauruses. none of those are still on the road, yet the crown vics and LTD's roll on

You know it!
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Oh man, I'm pumped about this thread. I recommend the following edits to your post:
    1. The text "minor body damage," should be replaced with "old car patina."
    2. "She needs new suspension" should be replaced with "the suspension is well seasoned for its age."

The statement:
    and maybe parts swap off the 302 Mustang to make her faster.
    is not compatible with:
    She needs new suspension
    and
    and possibly a fuel pump soon
    and
    and probably a new transmission
    and
    She doesn't handle speed as well as she did when I first got her
    and
    Need new tires tho...
    Safety aside, you should remove the air filter and air filter assembly completely (chuck them as far as you can throw it) for more power and a healthy 4-barrel-like growl. Record said sounds for us at wide open throttle and post here. We will give you mad props yo.

She is in decent condition, but unfortunetly has some minor body damage from a bump and drive off as well as from my stupidity. She needs new suspension and possibly a fuel pump soon.... as well as a really good tune up.
    She doesn't handle speed as well as she did when I first got her, boo.

Haha well I don't know as much as I'd like to know about the inner workings of vehicles so ya... :P But I'm not gonna do anything for a while, considering that, as I said, she is my only transport right now. If I ever have money, I may.

And the 'minor body damage' would be better fixed - cracked (and no longer bolted down) headlight/blinker housing as well as effed up trim on one rear fender... she got jealous when she saw one of her cousins today:

Oh and not to mention, swapping parts would come AFTER fixing all that other stuff to handle it.

ooooh, a wagon. I like the hood ornament--looks like an aiming device.

Yup. I have the same one, and I use it as such when parking along a curb. :P

Navigator

Paddlenbike, it actually IS compatible to do a HO302 conversion using Mustang 5.0 parts. its a cylinder head, intake and exhaust manifolds swap. Would be good for 50-100hp depending on supporting mods, as well as the ability to handle upwards of 500-700 hp
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast