Thread: Windshield Washer Relocation for armored bumpers

Windshield Washer Relocation for armored bumpers

Cheapo DIY mod on this one. In the good state of Michigan I have problems with the windshield washer fluid freezing and this is problematic to say the least. I mean besides a crazy governor, salt, blue stuff, rust, and weather that changes by the 5 minute interval.

So after reviewing the current solutions out there I discovered that the solutions were just too small and located in places where I already have modifications presently like the tertiary relay box for the headlights. I know I'm still working on that. It's been a busy year lol.

I decided to move the stock reservoir to an alternate location in the back corner. Now this is popular for secondary battery locations but honestly I'm not doing that so in the corner it went.

I took a heat gun to the container so that it would fit with the air filter box (although looking at the filter assembly I might do another one of my custom boxes to gain some space. The v8 box seems to just be the ugly sectional sofa in too small a space. More on that later.

I trimmed most of the securing wings off of the container with an exacto knife. Just be careful you don't slice into the container because that would require repair of course or finding another reservoir.

I did have to extend the wiring harness from the reservoir side about 16". I wanted to just bring the wiring back but at the t intersection wires for the washer go both ways. [emoji17] So it was an easy extention but as this group knows do the electrical right and there's never an issue.

Honestly after that it was pretty easy stuff. I only fit it about 200 times and then continued with trimming bits and pieces till I got a nice fit. This did include beating about 1/8" down on the metal fender to get a nice level setting. With the lift I have I don't see it being an issue and since I'm not part of the massive tire club I don't see a rubbing issue coming.

Pics coming soon. Gotta upload them from the phone.
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 08-10-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Did your new bumper call for this mod? I know some bumpers require cutting a lot of fender liner out exposing the factory tank and as a result some guys relocate.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Did your new bumper call for this mod? I know some bumpers require cutting a lot of fender liner out exposing the factory tank and as a result some guys relocate.
    It just exposed it when I took off the bumper skin honestly. The clearance on the bumper was a welcome addition and I had to do some creative things to the inner fenders to keep them functioning but with the higher clearance I did have to trim them a bit. Probably no more than 6 inches but it exposed a lot of stuff under there.

I'm going to be modifying the bumper at some point just because I'm a little disappointed that it cuts into the high beam a little and the radiator is pretty exposed to rocks if they get airborne coming in from the top of the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf