Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True North Rear bumper and Tire Carrier

True North Rear bumper and Tire Carrier

Well Alec came out with another awesome design and I pulled the trigger on the rear kit. After doing my research for tire size i was concerned about the spare fitting underneath the truck. Im going with a 255 or 265 width, 70 sidewall and i have the limited 18" wheels which need a little tlc and color. They'll go gunmetal i think or ill paint with the trusty hammered paint and then an overcoats of clear bedliner....yeah you heard me right. I found it and tested it out oas a coating for my frint bumper. So far no rock chips.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to welding this one up. Its a slightly different design than the front bumper but I think i made a good choice with the nwti front just because its a nice sturdy plate bumper. It goes through deer nicely and while I am redoing the hoops so it doesn't interrupt my high beams I have no qualms about animals ruining my drives home from work.

Hinestly I need to post up the pictures from the front bumper build. I'll get around to it soon.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kryptoroxx; 08-15-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Here are some design photos I gleaned from Facebook. They did a prerun and I think i snagged the last weld together kit.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Nice. I was just on a thread about this thing on T4R. I was wondering if it would fit with the V8 hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we will find out. If I am not mistaken they have the same frame so everything should fit the same. I'll post up results though.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I think they should fit. The bottom bar looks similar what's being built for the GX470's. Nice and low profile.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    I think they should fit. The bottom bar looks similar what's being built for the GX470's. Nice and low profile.
    Thats encouraging lol. I don't mind cutting into factory metal and rewelding stuff but if I do not have to thats a plus. According to the message it should be shipping in the next month or so. This is the first time that I've gotten in on a first run so I'm pushing to get done all my home projects so I can weld when I get a nicely wrapped pallet of parts lol

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

I asked them and apparently these don’t fit with the V8 hitch or a body lift so it’s no longer an option for me. Bummer - this is a great looking bumper that’s cheap!

But the factory V8 receiver is removed for this bumper, right? I figured the frame and dimensions were the same. I could see the body lift issue coming into the play though.

But the factory V8 receiver is removed for this bumper, right? I figured the frame and dimensions were the same. I could see the body lift issue coming into the play though.
    Most definitely. Im sure you could always do a boxed spacer and install it but it would definitely be more problematic.

In Progress:
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

But the factory V8 receiver is removed for this bumper, right?
    Yeah probably. But I’d like to keep my V8 hitch, with its high tongue weight rating so I can load a motorcycle on there. I’m not confident in aftermarket hitches’ tongue ratings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast