Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You could eat off it

You could eat off it

I can definitively say the chassis will never look this good again. New suspension and new paint all-around. Removed the skidplating and beat everything back into shape best I could.

Am I just super AR, or do you do the occasional mud/rust/dent removal too?

Re: You could eat off it

i try to remove mud as i come across it, and i did pound one dent out of my skid a while back. other than that, its the bottom of my truck, if i see a spot of rust ill hit it with some rustoleum or something, but thats about it.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

WOW, paddlenbike, that looks awesome! Looks NEW! You're definitely helping to extend the life out of all of your components. My cross members and factory skid plates are all chewed up and could stand a nice sanding (or pounding!) and re-paint. Did you use the Rustoleum semi-gloss black spray paint? Please advise - I'd like to do the same. Yours looks like the factory finish - that's what I want! Thanks in advance.
    Scott - Gilbert, AZ<br /><br />&#039;97 4Runner Limited 4WD - 3.4L V6 A/T, Sonoran Steel Lift System # 7.1, 285/75R16 Pro Comp Xterrains, Jardine Cat-Back Exhaust System, TrueFlow Air Filter<br /><br />Check it out: http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=6 29.msg4189

Ken, you are crazy! That looks amazing. Now it is time to go get it dirty.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by RR DIFF LOCK
    Did you use the Rustoleum semi-gloss black spray paint? Please advise - I'd like to do the same. Yours looks like the factory finish - that's what I want! Thanks in advance.
    Exactly--semi-gloss Rustoleum. I sprayed everything down with SimpleGreen, wiped with a cloth and hit it with paint. The rear shocks, which are only 3 mos old BTW, had zero paint left after Death Valley, so I pretty much bombed everthing with paint to keep it from rusting.

I am sure my neighbors were thrilled with the sound of the 10# sledge I used to straighten the skidplates.

Chris--name the time and place and we'll go get them dirty.

So, the question begging to be asked is: how long did it take? Seriously, it just looks WOW! I agree that it's time to get her dirty again.
    - Scott<br />Model: &#039;02 4Runner SR5 - White On Natural Oak, Tan Interior<br />Engine/Performance: 3.4L V6, Auto, AndyMod, Jardine Catback Exhaust, S&amp;B Intake<br />Rear Suspension: 3.75&quot; LC 80 Coils, Rancho RS5000 Shocks<br />Front Suspension: 3&quot; OME 882 Coils, OME N91SC Shocks, Diff Drop<br />Tires: 285/75R16 Wild Country TXR II, Stock Wheels<br />Misc: Full Time Power Outlet Mod, Extra Power Outlet Mod, GE Nighthawks<br /><br />My Profile: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915959

wow looks great!

i need to do some painting myself. it is a never ending battle against surface rust up here though
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

wooooow, looks awesome, and i thought i liked mine to be clean, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets
    So, the question begging to be asked is: how long did it take? Seriously, it just looks WOW!
    Lee--I don't envy the rust issues you guys have back east. It has got to be discouraging to see your vehicle bubbling with rust. I went to Wisconsin a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the number of four year-old cars where you could see though the door panels.

The whole process took about 3 hours. It would have taken considerably longer but the week we spent in the desert of Death Valley sandblasted the entire undercarriage, so I had no rust to scrape. I just cleaned and bombed with paint; had enough time at the end of the day to squeeze in a paddle.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Chris--name the time and place and we'll go get them dirty.

How about Pismo in October? I think scottiac is going to make it. All that new paint will come in handy for the creek crossing.
    My signature

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast