Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You could eat off it

Re: You could eat off it

Whew lotta work but well worth it.

Wanna come out west and do mine? I'll buy the paint and the beer.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much, with so little, for so long, that now we can do anything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Audrey and I were considering going out to Colorado in early October to visit her uncle and to do some wheeling--Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, etc. If the trip does not come together, we would be interested in joining you guys.
    OH, I would so want to go to there over Pismo. I don't blame you. We did a couple passes there last summer. Immogene and Black Bear were still closed though.
    My signature

I'm sure you'll be appreciating the cleanliness when you're working under your rig in the near future and dirt isn't falling in your eyeballs.
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA "TURTLE TACO"[/glow]  <All the goods listed here>

i usually just spray paint the mud black

Hey Ken, as long as you're coming over to help replace my suspension... I got lots of cans of rattle-black!

Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Quote Originally Posted by scottiac
    Hey Ken, as long as you're coming over to help replace my suspension... I got lots of cans of rattle-black!

Wifey would be pretty upset if I painted you black. I can probably help you with the suspension though.

-Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Wifey would be pretty upset if I painted you black. I can probably help you with the suspension though.
    We were just painting a friends new house last week, and I ran a paint roller down her back (it was clean at the time, but she didn't know that.) I think at that point, she would have happily held me down for you to have at it...
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

The pics at the beginning of this thread are 5 years old but I had to dig this thread up anyway. A couple of you (no names will be mentioned, Mike and Sean) recently commented that my truck's chassis was dirtier than you preferred to see. So I threw an hour at it, knocking the mud out and spraying it down with WD40 (removes grease). Rocksliders were repainted last month.

I'm not sure what value it served other than VERY temporary bragging rights.

How much would it cost for you to clean up my truck like this? Engine bay and underside... I'll give you $5 and all the burgers you can eat, whataya say?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast