Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You could eat off it

Re: You could eat off it

Ya forgot the plane flight from Sac, CA to TN?

I haven't even bothered to do more than a basic spray down a couple weeks back, WTH, it's still gonna rain for a few more weeks man.

~Come down to Stockton Saturday. It'd be good to see some people, or in your case finally meet in person rather than a horn honk every few years while flying by each other on the interstate.

There's already a couple 90's 4Runners and a 90's X-Cab crashing the party. I'll even have a couple of bikes up for sale and the ground will be wet enough to dirty up your rig again.

You missed a spot!
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    You missed a spot!
    I love how well these things are built--nothing is leaking under there and aside from my heavily-dented fuel tank skid plate, everything looks quite good.

Obi, my 4Runner is not drivable right now, but I appreciate the offer. Most of the exhaust system is on my workbench and I have an accessory wiring re-model going on to accommodate some upcoming mods.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike

I'm not sure what value it served other than VERY temporary bragging rights.
    Well, what it does is it confirms your love for black bottoms.

Honestly you have to be taken out of the running for clean under carriage as the truck isn't daily driven and most certainly not in the rain. Mine sits in the driveway where yesterday it was pelted with hail and has since been doused with about 12 hours of rain.

^^ I purposely left the 850 out last night for that reason. It rained hard enough that even the pterodactyl poop washed off.

I have nothing to offer on the subject of "black bottoms."

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Just curious if the rubber on your tuned mass damper thingy is still good or if it's cracked. It's the part hanging down in the upper left of this picture.
    Steve

You mean the thing you can tell he amor-all'd?

I decided to wash my 4runner this evening. With a family now I hardly have time to take a shizzle but thought this was important. It was scrubbed with natural ingredients (hard rain and a couple of minutes of hail) and left to air dry. I even involved my 3 year old in the process.

04/12/2012 Storm

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    You mean the thing you can tell he amor-all'd?
    Yeah, the part that I said he missed.
    Steve

I'm sure his damper is in perfect condition. My '99 damper is in really good condition. IIRC replacement cost is really expensive on the damper and bracket.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast