Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SteveO's 4Runner has been Slammed!

SteveO's 4Runner has been Slammed!

After nearly two years of tweaking and modifying, I have come to a point where the suspension is pretty much set.

When I first rolled the beast out of the garage, it was really BIG.

I have since changed out the shocks, adjusted the pressure, and I have a awesome car-like ride on this flexy beast. Here are some before, after and "the difference" shots.

BEFORE, or
    just after the SAS and after nearly 2 years

Here is the difference between the two:

What the steering links look like:

More shots at: http://www.hunt4steve.com/99RunLtdFrSusp.html
    4Runner for sale

Re: SteveO's 4Runner has been Slammed!

wow. 8" of drop. i'll bet that feels extremely different...

-andy

Yeah, it doesn't lean as much in the corners. When the guy at 4Wheel parts put in my commuter tires (before the drop) he was a bit spooked taking a corner into the front 4Wheelparts parking lot. It really does ride like a car. I rode in my wife's '06 Civic, and could feel every bump in the road. In the 4Runner I don't feel every bump.
    4Runner for sale

Wow, that thing is tall.....even after you "slammed" it.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

With 35" tires, I can get into a 7' garage.
    With 37" tires, I need to throw a few sand bags in the back to get into the 7' garage.

I suppose the whole reason people lift vehicles is to run larger tires. I'm happy to bring it down a bit, and still run larger tires. The Fender trimming really helped.
    4Runner for sale

are you serious? i can barely fit in a 7' garage with my 33s. damn i neeed to lower mine a bit
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

it actually looks a lot better lower than the picture o nthe left.... just looks liek a mall rat in the picture on the left

Yeah, I'm serious. Just to make sure, I went out and measured the garage entrance. It measures 6'11", to be exact. I creeep in very slowly.

Looks like a Mall Rat......for comparison, got any pics of an official Mall Rat?
    4Runner for sale

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO
    Looks like a Mall Rat......for comparison, got any pics of an official Mall Rat?
    LOL, that's what I was thinking.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO
    Yeah, I'm serious. Just to make sure, I went out and measured the garage entrance. It measures 6'11", to be exact. I creeep in very slowly.

mine measures at 6'7 and then 6'9 with the crossbars, and if i ever have my load warrior on its past 7 feet
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast