Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SteveO's 4Runner has been Slammed!

Re: SteveO's 4Runner has been Slammed!

looks much better steve. It is nice being low isnt it. I passed a taco yesterday that was a good 4" higher than me.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Thanks man.

One of the drawbacks to being low, is getting up waterfalls. This past weekend I went out to Farmington and ran a couple of extreme trails with the local TTORA guys. A trail called Waterfall had a particularly large water fall called Riff-Raff. I guess to keep the Riff-Raff out. If you have a large bumper, such as an ARB or TJM, you need not apply. This verticle ledge is pretty tall, and I had to scrap up my bumper (which is really tight to my front end) to get a tire onto the wall. Once up, its pretty easy.
    4Runner for sale

Oh Yeah, forgot one thing. This run was sort of a shake down for the new fender trimming of the wheel wells and the fender flares at this new low height.

They worked beautifully!

Under full compression and stuff (as calculated), the 37" tires never rubbed the trimmed fender wells, nor did they touch the fender flares. Now, Brian spotting me into a precarious position, did scratch up my left rear fender flare....but its still attached.
    4Runner for sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12