Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How tall are you?

Re: How tall are you?

I have to measure tonight (or maybe at lunch if I'm bored) but based on an educated Price-Is-Right guess, I'm thinking:

Stock height: 68"

Additions: 3" revtek, 1" body, 285's

Total: Approx 73" maybe 74", not including the Yakima Crossbars. We'll see how close I am.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

The roof top measurement.

It is also interesting the Thule Rack makes you taller than mine.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

The Thule rack is pretty tall, plus the thule crossbar mounts are the older version so they put the thule crossbars slightly higher than the factory crossbars. As for the factory crossbar height, I just ran a stick off the highest point of the forward crossbar over to the tape measure. I got quite a bit of lift out of my cruiser coils and it does rake down towards the front. Which is probably why the wind fairing on my thule rack is still intact.
    My signature

Board were we?

Me too.

Truck is a 1987 4Runner. 33 inch tires, stock front suspension, 3 inch rear.

Roof height- 69" front
    - 70" Rear
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Are you guys measuring from the very back of the truck, or more like the center. My truck kicks up in the back like a stinkbug

P.S. I am also posting so I can go home and measure and find this post again
    1996 4Runner Limited<br />Sonoran 1.2,315x70x17 Goodyear MTR/Kevlar, 4xInnovations Bumper,1&quot; Body Lift,Race Ace Louvers,Deck Plate Mod.... Always More To Come

Well, I measured the two 4Runners at lunch:

1998- 3" lift, 1" body lift, nearly bald 285 Revo's.
    71" to the roof's metal, about 72" to the longitudinal rack bars and sun roof wind deflector, 76" with the Yakima Rack cross-bars.

1992- About 1.5" of lift and 1" body lift, and 31x10.50 BFG A/T's.
    73" to the top of the factory roof rack. With the 33's it would be about 74".
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Well, I measured the two 4Runners at lunch:

1998- 3" lift, 1" body lift, nearly bald 285 Revo's.
    71" to the roof's metal, about 72" to the longitudinal rack bars and sun roof wind deflector, 76" with the Yakima Rack cross-bars.

1992- About 1.5" of lift and 1" body lift, and 31x10.50 BFG A/T's.
    73" to the top of the factory roof rack. With the 33's it would be about 74".
    hmm i may have some realllly tall LC coils then I dont know how im picking up nearly 77"

I never got a pick of mine and Adrians truck but I was loaded down to the max with about 500 pounds of crap in the rear plus tire carrier and tire and was prob at 73 to 74" then, now im unloaded and I could almost compare to Adrians, I may need to go back to some ome 891 or 892 coils.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I'm 72" not including roof rack and 73" including the roof rack.

Quote Originally Posted by TroysToy
    Are you guys measuring from the very back of the truck, or more like the center. My truck kicks up in the back like a stinkbug

P.S. I am also posting so I can go home and measure and find this post again
    next to driver door, and by the tail gate.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I measured at the rear tire for my factory crossbar height and mid vehicle for my Thule basket height.
    My signature

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast