Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Photography Final.

Digital Photography Final.

I finished editing the pictures for my Digital Photography final. i am doing a series of photos of San Francisco at night. i know some of these pics are in another thread, but i wanted a thread for them selfs

this is my "backup" photo. its a lil blurry so i dont know if i am going to use it or not.

94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Re: Digital Photography Final.

context of the shots is good, but to give you some constructive crit, they need more contrast, they are a little dull in that area.

an example of your first shot i did

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer

where did you shoot that?

i'm going to sf tomorrow.

on the road heading up to Coit Tower.... the nice part of taking pics between 230 and 4 am is i can park where ever i wanted to take the pic... that was from the middle of the road...
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

I personally would slightly rotate and crop the images so that the horizon is horizontal in the picture. Other than that, pretty cool shots.

Oh and x2 on increasing the contrast a hair in some of them, but neli's edit might be too much. Go for something in the middle.

Edit- one more thing, you could try filtering the photos a little more aggressively to help with the semi-yellow glow that comes off the city...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

yeah i just gave it an idea, but hes got stuff to work with here.

and about the horizon, usually you want the horizon a little off at times, makes it a little more interesting

looks good. Beautiful shots
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept

and about the horizon, usually you want the horizon a little off at times, makes it a little more interesting
    Sure there's an art aspect to it in rare situations, but IMO in this case they just look crooked... especially the bridge one.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    on the road heading up to Coit Tower.... the nice part of taking pics between 230 and 4 am is i can park where ever i wanted to take the pic... that was from the middle of the road...
    i went out shooting last night till 6am...you're right, not having to worry about parking was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept

Sure there's an art aspect to it in rare situations, but IMO in this case they just look crooked... especially the bridge one.
    yeah i see what you mean, water horizons usually are best level, but sometimes cityscapes tend to be boring without some added enhancement from the user himself/herself

I need to get out and shoot again. I'll be heading to the historic city of Charleston SC to do some shooting and bay area stuff, (yes it has a bay but its tiny)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast