Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WabFab 60" Sliders

Re: WabFab 60" Sliders

I will definitely put some stuff up there as soon as I get some good off-road shots after I got to Disney, OK tomorrow.

Later,

Fink

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
    Honestly, they are at about the same height as the floorboard is so they do not function very well for a true step. If you wanted to have them act as a step and as armor you could mount them a little bit lower but you will be limited by the frame rail height.

I would recommend spraying them with the 3M Rubberized Undercoating spray that they sell at Wal-Mart...stuff is awesome. Dries fairly fast and is tough as nails. That way you can touch them up as needed and you don't have to add the strips on them as they will provide plenty of traction if you do indeed use them as steps.

Fink
    Fink,

They look great!

Do you think you could post a photograph somewhat angled from the side with the door open? I've been trying to find a set of sliders that would work as steps too. I drive around family and some of them can not get in without the running boards as is! I guess I need something that sticks out more then these do.

Second that on the 3M Undercoating - very good rubbery stuff! I use it. It would do a good job keeping the sliders looking new and would provide some traction if you use it as a step.
    '96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
    I will definitely put some stuff up there as soon as I get some good offload shots after I got to Disney, OK tomorrow.

Later,

Fink
    Wow!! Does Bob, always throw a trip in to Disney, when you get a set of them? LOL But seriously, Your 4Runner looks very good!!! Have a good trip!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12