Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevo3's Fuel Upgrade Thread

Stevo3's Fuel Upgrade Thread

Well, Just got off the phone with Brian again from URD Racing. Just ordered the fuel kit upgrade and the extra components to install on my truck! Yes, I did give in and get the 2.2 pulley. Just because it was on sale for this month, like $40 off. Date of arival is supposed to be May 8th. So, now I need to get ahold of David at Magnuson and get my s/c rebuilt. So for sure I'll be starting this project next week sometime I hope. May even take next Thursday and Friday off to make sure I can get everything done over the weekend so all I have to do is slap the s/c back on and start tinkering with the adjustments.

There will be pics, if you guys are lucky J/K

Ofcoarse there will be pics, otherwise this would prolly get tossed into Oly's hole for sure hahaha

Will keep you guys updated.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Re: Stevo3's Fuel Upgrade Thread

As usual, a report will need to be submitted ASAP
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Well, got everything in the mail today. Too bad the mail man was late today... Go figure... Just need to go have the bung put on for the Wide Band O2 sensor tomarrow after work, Then off comes the supercharger to be sent out for an overhaul!

Ill get pics of my new accesories hopefully by tonight.
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Just as I said, Heres the pic.

This look familiar to what you guys got?

*note* I didnt take pics of all the cables and such, just the main things.

I think you'll be interested to read my Fuel Upgrade kit writeup. It's incomplete, as I don't have the FTC section done yet, but could be helpful. I have to think about transferring this writeup to a Wiki here later...

http://home.comcast.net/~mastacox/urdinstall.html
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Very nice write-ups. I will most likely put them to good use. I've worked on cars more than once though, I had a Chevy, that should explain a lot. So this all seems pretty basic to me except for the soldering portions. Only thing Ill need to solder is the piggy back computer to the ECU. URD came out with direct connect couplers for the injectors so you dont need to cut and splice them anymore. I think the hardest part is going to be the connecting to the ECU and programing it to run right.

Brian also sent me the wrong pulley , He sent me the 2.1 when i had asked for the 2.2. Only difference he said is about 3/4 pound of boost. and told me I should be fine.

Where would be the best place to put the bung for the new O2 sensor at, id like to get an idea of where to put it. Just before the cat? or a few inch's away from the cat just before it? I plan on getting that put in today so i can get home and remove the S/C tonight to have it shipped out no later than tomarrow for the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo3
    Brian also sent me the wrong pulley , He sent me the 2.1 when i had asked for the 2.2. Only difference he said is about 3/4 pound of boost. and told me I should be fine.
    I dunno, I'd get the 2.2" if I was you... The 2.1 exceeds maximum RPM specs on the supercharger at moderate engine speeds, and puts out about 2psi more than the 2.2" AFAIK. It's likely you'll need W/MI to use the 2.1" pulley, depending on local weather conditions.

For the O2 sensor, you should put it at least 6" before the cat if not more. Mine got put a little close to it (maybe 2-3" away) and I suspect I'll be experiencing early O2 sensor failures unless I get the sensor heatsink.

Got any pictures of the "direct fit adapters" for the injectors? The reason I ask is because I thought I was getting those too, it turns out what I got aren't adapters but theoretically you can solder on to the existing harness without removing the stock plugs, and then just leave the stock plugs unused... not very pretty if you ask me.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by mastacox
    Got any pictures of the "direct fit adapters" for the injectors? The reason I ask is because I thought I was getting those too, it turns out what I got aren't adapters but theoretically you can solder on to the existing harness without removing the stock plugs, and then just leave the stock plugs unused... not very pretty if you ask me.
    When I recieve them in the mail I will post up a pic. Anyways Heres my day....

Well, I got good news and 2x bad news.....

Well start off with the good news. The s/c is off and on its way to Magnuson and should be there by thursday. And the postage was only $50.35 with $1000 insurance on it.

Bad news #1. Was on the way to the muffler shop, made it about a mile or 2 from my house and all of a sudden a huge power loss, then belts sqealing up a storm.... The Bearings in the s/c seized up

Bad news #2. Never made it to the muffler shop to have the bung put in for the o2 sensor.

So in conclution, time to start wrenchin'

Well, finished up the installation of the fuel pump. Went smoothly except for the fact I didnt have a small floor jack to assist me. And when the tank was down and apart I got a nice mouth full of gas from siphoning the 1/4 tank I had left.

So I have a question, I cannot remove the exhaust pipe thats inbetween the downpipe and the cat to get the bung installed. So, because the URD computer has a preset in it to get my truck to alteast start up and run. Am I able to drive a few miles on it like that w/o having the afr meter hooked up. Its going to be the only way I can get it to the muffler shop to have the bung put on for it. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast