Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 01-02 VSC off switch

01-02 VSC off switch

I've read the article about how to install a VSC off switch on the 01-02 4Runners. However, I was browsing through the owner's manual this morning. On page 3, there is a diagram of all of the switches and guages on the dash. Number 22, which points to one of the buttons to the left of the steering wheel, is labled "traction control off switch."

I didn't realize that this was an option (which obviously most of us don't have), but I'm wondering if any of you know the part number for this switch, and if there is an available wiring harness or something. It would make the install a lot easier and cleaner.

Thanks.

Land Cruiser

Re: 01-02 VSC off switch

That is intresting. I did the Andy mod and think it is clean and works so great but this as you said would be cleaner/easier...

Good lookin out. I am going to see if that is in my manual.

For any other 01/02 4Runner owners who have not yet done this mod yet, you really should. It gives the driver 100% control of how the systems effect driving without damaging anything or making the systems inoperable.

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Ok, I think I've found the answer. The trac off switch is only on the 2WD 4Runners.

I'll call the dealership on Monday to get the part number.
    Land Cruiser

yup that was only in 2wd 4runners

i too have a switch, its more or less the same as the andy mod
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

yes we have the trac off switch, doesnt work all that great though, only works at the first 20mph, then it turns itself back on, not like DSC is for bmw where you can turn it off permenantly.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Interesting find...however, if done correctly, the Andy Mod can be installed very cleanly as well. I know what your saying though, a "plug-n-play" type mod would be preferable.

I def recommend the andy mod for any '01 & '02 4Runners.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    only works at the first 20mph, then it turns itself back on, not like DSC is for bmw where you can turn it off permenantly.
    Really? I will have to try it out. Not experienced this myself so far. Even if so wheel spin above 20mph is usually a bad thing. Really the only time I turn my VSC/TRAC/ABS off is while off roading in 2wd with the rear locker working. In the rain I have had VSC fire off and been very glad it did with MT tires and a rear locker it probably kept me in my lane...
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

i put my andymod switch in that location. actually, near number 19 in that diagram. i just used a foglight switch, printed a TRAC OFF label for it and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    only works at the first 20mph, then it turns itself back on, not like DSC is for bmw where you can turn it off permenantly.
    Really? I will have to try it out. Not experienced this myself so far. Even if so wheel spin above 20mph is usually a bad thing. Really the only time I turn my VSC/TRAC/ABS off is while off roading in 2wd with the rear locker working. In the rain I have had VSC fire off and been very glad it did with MT tires and a rear locker it probably kept me in my lane...
    he has a 2wd, he didnt do the andy mod

i leave mine all off all the time... i hate abs.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by calrockx
    i put my andymod switch in that location. actually, near number 19 in that diagram. i just used a foglight switch, printed a TRAC OFF label for it and that was that.
    do you have white ink in your printer? i am jealous, hahah.

maybe i can try this on the color one at work... hmmmmmmm
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast