Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 01-02 VSC off switch

Re: 01-02 VSC off switch

Here's a pic of how I finished my switch:

Andreas (The 'Andy' in AndyMod)
    2001 4Runner SR5 4WD - Dorado Gold - 204,XXX miles<br />2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD V6 - Silver<br />1995 Porsche 993 Carrera - Polar Silver

I've done the AndyMod too (thanks Andreas)! Up until the last couple of weeks, it's worked very well. Then, it started coming on (defeating VSC) for no reason. I thought it was the switch and replaced it. Now, it's on all the time. Any ideas?
    - Scott<br />Model: &#039;02 4Runner SR5 - White On Natural Oak, Tan Interior<br />Engine/Performance: 3.4L V6, Auto, AndyMod, Jardine Catback Exhaust, S&amp;B Intake<br />Rear Suspension: 3.75&quot; LC 80 Coils, Rancho RS5000 Shocks<br />Front Suspension: 3&quot; OME 882 Coils, OME N91SC Shocks, Diff Drop<br />Tires: 285/75R16 Wild Country TXR II, Stock Wheels<br />Misc: Full Time Power Outlet Mod, Extra Power Outlet Mod, GE Nighthawks<br /><br />My Profile: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2915959

emptypockets,
    I found the wiring at the pressure switch to be very sensitive to bad connections. I initially crimped the connections and also had issues similar to what you describe. I went back and soldered the connections properly - no issues for years.

Andreas
    2001 4Runner SR5 4WD - Dorado Gold - 204,XXX miles<br />2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD V6 - Silver<br />1995 Porsche 993 Carrera - Polar Silver

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    yes we have the trac off switch, doesnt work all that great though, only works at the first 20mph, then it turns itself back on, not like DSC is for bmw where you can turn it off permenantly.
    mine switches off after about 20 seconds

i just open the hood and disconnect it when i want it off (im that lazy )
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    yes we have the trac off switch, doesnt work all that great though, only works at the first 20mph, then it turns itself back on, not like DSC is for bmw where you can turn it off permenantly.
    mine switches off after about 20 seconds

i just open the hood and disconnect it when i want it off (im that lazy )
    [/quote]

I think this makes us lazy for not wanting to get out to unplug it and istead wiring up the switch. LOL
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

go andymod go

Ok, just called the dealership. It is $60+tax. Yikes. So unless you can pull one off at a junk yard, (which where I live, it'll be next to impossible finding a 2WD 4Runner), just get that fog light switch.
    Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets
    I've done the AndyMod too (thanks Andreas)! Up until the last couple of weeks, it's worked very well. Then, it started coming on (defeating VSC) for no reason. I thought it was the switch and replaced it. Now, it's on all the time. Any ideas?
    Same problem re soldered the connections and no problems since.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

Just finished my first mod.

Now I've got to get a proper label.
    Land Cruiser

Very nice!

I made my label by scanning the actual Toyota "TRAC OFF" switch which I had purchased before the mod. Since I was was never able to make the stock switch work, I sold it on Ebay.

If I can dig up the image, I'll send it to you.

Andreas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast