Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 01-02 VSC off switch

Re: 01-02 VSC off switch

Yeah, that would be cool. Did you print it on any special type of paper? I'd like it to last for a while...

Oh, and your directions were crystal clear. No issues--flew through it pretty smooth.
    Land Cruiser

Nothing special. I just printed it on an Avery label, adhered it, trimmed it with a razor blade, then sprayed the entire front of the switch with a few coats of clear satin ployurethane. It's held up just fine for years.

Andreas
    2001 4Runner SR5 4WD - Dorado Gold - 204,XXX miles<br />2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD V6 - Silver<br />1995 Porsche 993 Carrera - Polar Silver

Anyone have a link to the Andy mod?
    02&#039; 4Runner, ARB front &amp; rear, 2.&nbsp; 5&quot; Fox coil overs with reserves, Total Chaos upper and lower control arms, Modified Tundra axles, OME rear coils, RS 9000 outboard mounted shocks,Ham &amp; CB radios, Power Slot brakes, Scratch built bumpers and sliders, KC lights front and rear, remote oil filter, K&amp;N.

Quote Originally Posted by locked-up
    Anyone have a link to the Andy mod?
    Here's the one I wrote based on all the info provided by AwoRS (Andreas) - AndyMod Write-Up

Direct your questions about the write-up to him. He is the creator of the andymod, I just simply wrote a write-up for it.

Guess I need to add one here on UY too...
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Rock Slide,
    Thank you again for a great job putting that together!

Andreas
    2001 4Runner SR5 4WD - Dorado Gold - 204,XXX miles<br />2007 Volvo XC 90 AWD V6 - Silver<br />1995 Porsche 993 Carrera - Polar Silver

Quote Originally Posted by aowRS
    Rock Slide,
    Thank you again for a great job putting that together!

Andreas
    It was no problem at all. You did all the hard work. I simply took what you said and put it on paper.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Thanks Gentleman, I took the long way around and went into the PC and found the wires that went to the ABS system and placed a switch in line to open the circuit. When I did this I obtained similiar results as you did, but I did not disable the YAW control. When you go around a corner and cause the vehicle to lean over, the opposite brakes apply...and the buzzer goes off. What a pain... in the gravel at high speed.... I generally disconnect the trac sensor relay to prevent this, but the buzzer still sounds. I will try your mod and see if it disables the yaw control, I don't know if it is related to the VSC and ABS...hope so.

Keep up the great work!!

Pete
    02&#039; 4Runner, ARB front &amp; rear, 2.&nbsp; 5&quot; Fox coil overs with reserves, Total Chaos upper and lower control arms, Modified Tundra axles, OME rear coils, RS 9000 outboard mounted shocks,Ham &amp; CB radios, Power Slot brakes, Scratch built bumpers and sliders, KC lights front and rear, remote oil filter, K&amp;N.

Pete
    glad you made it here. Long traveled 02! Very Nice. Any pics or links for us to look at?
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Stay tuned, in my dirt floor garage at the moment, rebuilding rear shock mounts...

on the way home tonight i noticed a christmas tree-y dash, guess there's a bad connection somewhere. looks like i have some soldering to do in the morning

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast