Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 01-02 VSC off switch

Re: 01-02 VSC off switch

For those looking into this...I detailed it on my site, but I'll put a quick blurb here....

These switches are available at Lowes for about $4 and they have no labeling like fog light or whatever. This is about 1/3 the price of the exact same dealer switch depending on where you buy it. To label mine I simple scuffed up the switch with some light sand paper, wiped it down paint prep, and applied dry transfer letters then clear coated with semi gloss model spray. The result is a very stock looking switch for cheap.

-Speedy<br />www.hooliganbiketech.net 240RWHP Supercharged 4Runner<br />http://www.hooliganbiketech.net/host...itesbanner.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy
    For those looking into this...I detailed it on my site, but I'll put a quick blurb here....

These switches are available at Lowes for about $4 and they have no labeling like fog light or whatever. This is about 1/3 the price of the exact same dealer switch depending on where you buy it. To label mine I simple scuffed up the switch with some light sand paper, wiped it down paint prep, and applied dry transfer letters then clear coated with semi gloss model spray. The result is a very stock looking switch for cheap.

Those look great! This is a general question for all that have added stock looking switches. How do you cut the openings to give it a clean look. I installed the scion stereo in my Tacoma and the ipod an aux switches went into places that were not that visible. I used a dremel for those two, and the end result looked good, but is there an easier and cleaner way?

Quote Originally Posted by austintaco
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy

Those look great! This is a general question for all that have added stock looking switches. How do you cut the openings to give it a clean look. I installed the scion stereo in my Tacoma and the ipod an aux switches went into places that were not that visible. I used a dremel for those two, and the end result looked good, but is there an easier and cleaner way?
    The locations I used are factory switch locations that had blanks in them. If I ran out of those, I'd use a dremel. The best way to get a clean cut is to use a small drill bit to drill a hole at each corner, put tape around the area you're cutting for protection of the dash, then dremel out the area you want removed.
    -Speedy<br />www.hooliganbiketech.net 240RWHP Supercharged 4Runner<br />http://www.hooliganbiketech.net/host...itesbanner.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234