Thread: custom carpc bezel feeler for 3rd gen 4runners

custom carpc bezel feeler for 3rd gen 4runners

so i wanted to post here and gauge interest in a custom developed carpc bezel for 3rd gen 4runners.

it would be very similar to the one i am constructing currently.

here it is in its current form lacking paint and final touches:

what would you be willing to pay for this bezel, with out screen? screens cost in the neighborhood of $300.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: custom carpc bezel feeler for 3rd gen 4runners

so im taking the lack of response as a no.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

It sounds cool. Did you use an old one for your prototype, or do you not mind bondo in the buttons :P

You mentioned sprucing it up around the opening, so I assume you'll bend it so it has the same look as the clock and button locations.

Does the CarPC attach to the bezel or the stock mounting points for the stereo? Just wondering.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

im trying to keep bondo out of the buttons! im using my center console section from my truck and the actual bezel that came with the screen, no extra parts here.

i had to remove the stock location for the hvac controls, and i am moving them below the radio, where the ash tray and power points once were. to do that im having to extend the hvac mechanical lines. but that process is for http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1120.0] this[/url] thread...

as for making it look stock, i dont think i can do that. its just far too difficult. but i am going to try and make it look professionally done, and make it look like it was manufactured.

im thinking for the ease of installation for the average user, i would locate the screen lower to the double din slot. and then move the headunit lower. this way the hvac controls are not tampered with.