Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $50 Craigslist Score: Toyota Hood w/scoop! (pics inside)

Re: $50 Craigslist Score: Toyota Hood w/scoop! (pics inside)

that is a very good find. ive never seen them that cheap. i also like how you made it functional, i wanted to do it to mine when it was just for street use but im not so sure about it now that i wheel alot.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Man Christian, great find and an even better deal on that hood!
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Great deal! cant wait to see it on the truck! BTW.....you have the cleanest most organized garage i have ever seen!

aww man good buy, i cant believe i missed that out here. guess ill be looking on craigs list more often.... LUCKY!
    96 4Runner SR5 S/C - 03&#039; Tacoma coils 3&#039;&#039; Toytec Spacer lift with 1&#039;&#039; Diff Drop. 3 1/2&#039;&#039; Downey Rear lift Coil Springs.<br /><br />285/75R/16 Goodyear MT/R.<br /><br />URD Fuel Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorickaty80
    Great deal! cant wait to see it on the truck! BTW.....you have the cleanest most organized garage i have ever seen!
    Thanks! That's just the way I am, which drives some people nuts.

It's a good way to meet neighbors. I always catch people staring in when I am working in there...I usually try to spark up a conversation after that.

I am actually starting to run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    How hard would it be to try to color match it yourself?
    I've seen it before, but it just wouldn't look right IMO. I am pretty set on black right now.

Good idea about checking the local CC.

Quote Originally Posted by 96 Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    How hard would it be to try to color match it yourself?
    I've seen it before, but it just wouldn't look right IMO. I am pretty set on black right now.

Good idea about checking the local CC.
    I think this is going to be to much work for you. So you should just send that thing my way and I'll put it on my runner lol I wish. Good luck with the paint can't wait to see it.

Ive got the same hood on my Sport... do you think there would be a substantial temp difference with the scoop open?
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    Ive got the same hood on my Sport... do you think there would be a substantial temp difference with the scoop open?
    No not really. I'm not saying it wouldn't help but I am saying it wouldn't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    Heat soak is a huge problem with the TRD supercharger, so if you're SC'd, I think this will help. We have a digital wireless thermometer; I am going to try and rig it up for some same-day testing and see what the data says...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast