Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Bikers, what kind of a setup do you have?

Re: Mountain Bikers, what kind of a setup do you have?

Thats why I use the roof trays and the rear Yakima rack that holds 4 bikes, I use it most because it is easy.

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

haha, im usually covered in mud and have no problems puttin it in the back,,i usually just hit a creek before i make it the runner and ride through it to rinse it off..haha,,for the seats im usually muddy and sweaty but thats what leather is fore..easy cleaning
    99 4Runner Limited

Out here in the desert mud is not usually a problem. But if I still lived out East the would be a huge issue.

As much as I tried to get my wife into biking it just never took for her. So a single mount inside will work for me because I only need to haul one bike and my interior spare tire would keep me from doing 2.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Cool cool to each his own , I do have a friend not on any forums but owns a 4Runner and he uses 2 fork mounts attached to a 2x4.

Aaron
    I can, because I don&#039;t know that I can&#039;t.

I have a hitch mount from performance. Word of warning, take it off if you are not using it. If you get rearended with one on, it will cause alot more damage to your tailgate than without. I found out the hard way.
    92 4Runner SR5 V6 4X4<br />Skyjacker Nitro shocks, Pro-Comp steering stabilizer, clear bumper lenses, lund windjammer, OME standard coils, ISR mod, inlet pipe removed, Bushwaker Fender Flares.<br /><br />2002 Tacoma Prerunner V6 extracab. Lund Intercepter bug guard, rear glass sunshield, Bilstein shocks on rear.<br /><br />2004 Honda CRV EX stock belongs to wife.

never thought about that. I bet that would fold right up into the rear sheet metal.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I have the Rocky Mounts Noose bike tray attached to my factory rack and am very happy with it. It can be a pain getting a bike to the roof but no more so than trying to stuff it in the back. Extremely stable even in 70 plus mph winds. They come in some great colors too. Locks are also available. This seems to be the best deal.

http://www.rackattack.com/product-pa...e-sl-black.asp

I have the same Rocky Mounts set up. My steel front plate is rusting really bad though. Are you having the same problem with yours? It is the plate that bolts to the roof rack rail with the slight downward bend in the front.

Yes the front plate on mine is also rusting pretty bad. I figure i'll steel wool it and hit it with some rustoleum soon. Other than that, it's been solid.

i hate having to put my bike on the roof rack, i have a CBI tire carrier and i wonder if my bike would fit between the bar and my tailgate with that

i may try doing this. since my hitch is used for the tire carrier
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast