Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mountain Bikers, what kind of a setup do you have?

Tourist

Re: Mountain Bikers, what kind of a setup do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    i hate having to put my bike on the roof rack, i have a CBI tire carrier and i wonder if my bike would fit between the bar and my tailgate with that

i may try doing this. since my hitch is used for the tire carrier
    Or look into seeing if one of those tire carrier hitch racks like the one on my old Bronco II....Yakima Treadhead or something like that....fits. Cool thing about it is you can still use it even without a tire.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Quote Originally Posted by habanero
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    i hate having to put my bike on the roof rack, i have a CBI tire carrier and i wonder if my bike would fit between the bar and my tailgate with that

i may try doing this. since my hitch is used for the tire carrier
    Or look into seeing if one of those tire carrier hitch racks like the one on my old Bronco II....Yakima Treadhead or something like that....fits. Cool thing about it is you can still use it even without a tire.
    really, ill have to look into that as well.

Thanks Hab
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

DNA-

how solid is the bike mounted to the back of the rear seat? I really like that setup but i dont want my bike rocking side to side while driving... does yours have much movement?

i think i may do the opposite of you and put the fork mount near the tailgate. i feel like the floor of the trunk is a better mounting surface, and it would also be easier to load a bike in backwards.

It seems like it would be really solid. I am just laying mine inside right now and it does not move at all.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

everyone in this thread... show off your bike in the garage section of this forum!

Here's the Specialized Hardrock. Hardtail. Nothing fancy, does me fine on the trail though. This was when I got it a year ish ago.. It's got some miles on it and the reflectors are gone.

Room was an addition to the house and was never finished, so it's storage.

But, as far as rack goes.. It either goes in the bed, or on my dads home made rig.. Just some square tube cut in half for the wheels to sit and square tube in the middle for a brace wrapped in foam to prevent scratches and such.. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow and toss it in here.
    &quot;Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety&quot;<br /><br />&quot;Religion is poison&quot;<br /><br />&quot;If a government uses the instrument of power in its hands for the purpose of leading a people to ruin, then rebellion is not only the right, but the duty of every individual&quot;<br /><br />&quot;Censorship is telling a man he can&#039;t have a steak because a baby can&#039;t chew it&quot;

I see there aren't many Tacoma owners with this concern.
    I saw this mod on TOF a few years ago and thought I'd use it for my truck. I like have the bikes sit up and not sprawled around in the rear.

Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Since I showed the dark side of myself in the road bike section, I guess I should show my real self here!

Cannondale Super V500

1996 4Runner Limited<br />Sonoran 1.2,315x70x17 Goodyear MTR/Kevlar, 4xInnovations Bumper,1&quot; Body Lift,Race Ace Louvers,Deck Plate Mod.... Always More To Come

Quote Originally Posted by garrett
    DNA-

how solid is the bike mounted to the back of the rear seat? I really like that setup but i dont want my bike rocking side to side while driving... does yours have much movement?

i think i may do the opposite of you and put the fork mount near the tailgate. i feel like the floor of the trunk is a better mounting surface, and it would also be easier to load a bike in backwards.
    there is no movement at all. It is very solid and i have been on roads where if it was going to move, it would have then. Yes i considered the other way, but by using the seat frame (which is plenty) and then bungeeing the rear tire to the stock rear cargo tie down the bikes stand angled and you have a huge amount of accessible room in the cargo area. Rear tire in first was more of a PITA when i was doing mock setups and the handlebars get in the way more back there
    99 4Runner Limited

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234