Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which gun to buy?

Re: Which gun to buy?

Im getting a Comp-Tac hostler, not sure which one I will be getting though. I will be ordering next paycheck. Then I have to save up for a CCW class.

Not my Glock 19 but my friends Glock 23
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

I don't know why but I've been wanting to pick up a .22 pistol.
    I guess I'm more in touch with my feminine side :P

No offense Texas Jim, but I've always felt that shoulder rigs were a little too showy. It conceals okay enough but my major concern was always the fact that the gun is pointing out instead of down. In all of my experience I've actually only seen one cop who ever used a shoulder rig when he was off-duty or in plainclothes detail and he was one of those showy type of guys.

I'll admit, the shoulder rig is pretty sexy and I wouldn't mind wearing one for the cool factor but if I was trying to hide a weapon I wouldn't be looking for one of those.

Only my opinion though.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

IMO, the 1911 Mil Spec is like a Ferrari. Its kick ass, looks great and people awe when they see it, but its not very reliable.

Glock IMO is like a Toyota. Very reliable, not too eccentric but definitely wanted.

For holsters, go with the Blackhawk Serpa holster. They are the most comfortable IMO.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    I don't know why but I've been wanting to pick up a .22 pistol.
    I guess I'm more in touch with my feminine side :P
    I am actually debating whether to buy a .22 pistol or to buy a .22 conversion for my Glock. .22's are a load of fun to shoot and they are really cheap to shoot. LocalMotoin I will look into that holster.
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread

Ooh... I forgot about those conversion kits!
    Still, it would be nice to just have the gun itself than have to deal with a separate slide.

localmotion:
    I've been eyeing that holster for a while. I'm assuming you have one - I'm a little hesitant to get plastic vs. leather. The concealability is good though?
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

I think the conversion kit is a little bit cheaper than a new .22. The conversion is $250 and I believe you can pick up a decent .22 for about that much. Thats why I was leaning towards a new pistol. Just easier to take both guns out than switching barrels.
    My Build Thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234