Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which gun to buy?

Re: Which gun to buy?

Another Kimber fan here. I have a Kimber TLE/RL II for me and a Glock 26 with extended magazine for my wife.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

glock perfection
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Another Kimber fan here ...just picked up a Kimber Custom TLE II....exact same ones used by the LAPD SWAT minus the special logo...only problem was the original magazine that came with it jammed on me twice....tossed that in the trash and picked up some wilson combat ones.
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

not to thread jack, but what about the H&K USP? thats what my uncle carries, and im thinking about one in 9mm, but havent heard alot. i like the look of the kimber, and think it might be a better gun. im also buying one when i turn 21, and it will one day be CCW when i move from this leftwing hell hole. (dont worry im liberal, i just want my gun)
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

The HK is out of my less than 600 price range. I love the HKs, but the price is killer. The gunshop I went to, didn't have any Kimbers(even though the guy there carries one). The Sig Pro looks pretty nice, I have always heard good things about Sig. And Sean0rz I am so glad to be out of CA, now I get to CCW or open carry! I think you have been offroading with my old 4Runner(Pinnacle/Prerun4runner) has it).
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

Quote Originally Posted by GrnGrand97
    Im turning 21 in a couple weeks. Went looking at guns today. I'm inbetween the Glock 19, Glock 23 and the Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911. I have shot a Glock 23 and love it, but I was thinking of getting a 9mm(Glock 19) because I will be taking a girl shooting whenever I go out. But I love the style and history of the 1911. I will be shooting a Colt 1911 when I go to CA for a couple days. I have been leaning more towards the Glocks because I will be CCWing this weapon when I get my permit in June or July.

Mil-Spec 1911

Oh you did NOT just infer that a Glock 19 is a girls gun!!! I should ban you before all the dolts that call a 4runner a T4R!!!

Nope, just saying it is easier for a girl to learn how to shoot on a 9mm than a .45.
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

I have an XD 40 service and a HK USPc 40. Both have performed flawlessly. I think the HK is easier shooting personally. In its stock form, it shoots as well as my modded XD does with a tungsten guide rod and heavier spring. There's just something I don't like about Glocks. Maybe it just that I always see girls shooting them.

Glocks are OK I guess but they have been wholesaled on the market and $ for value just isn't there anymore. Glock came out with a very aggressive Law Enforcement Campain. as a result you go and pay retail for a new glock your moneys in the value of the weapon is compairing a Jeep to a Toyota! Go and find yourself a used HK USP Full sized 45. You will be able to buy it for the money that you mentioned and it will be the soft-es 45 shooter you can buy! It has a recoil reduction system like no other. You won't loose as much buying it as you will something else and it will keep it's value up there as long as you take care of it. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnGrand97
    Nope, just saying it is easier for a girl to learn how to shoot on a 9mm than a .45.
    dont worry dude, just yankin' your chain why not have her learn on a plinker? like a ruger mark ii?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast