Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which gun to buy?

Re: Which gun to buy?

Another XD fan here. i have an XD-40 tactical. I like the longer barrel, since i'm not ccw certified anyway. But here in AZ you cancarry your gun pretty much anywhere with no hassles

Ended up getting the 19. Came with a 14 and 17 round magazine. Put a 120+ rounds threw today. Love the gun, going to put another 200 threw it on Monday.
    1996 T4R Limited: Stock l E-Locked l 265/70/16 Destination A/T's l Ultra Gauge l Drifter CB Mount l AOF Sliders l Weathertech
    My Build Thread
    2001 Camry: Stock l DD
    1987 T4R: Stock l 31x10.50 Interco Trxus *sold*

Go for the G23. It's what I conceal and love it. My wife shoots it with me quite often and she can handle it without a problem. You could also look at the G27 (sub-compact .40), but it wouldn't be great for the girlfriend. Whatever you get don't expect it to be extremely comfortable if you plan on concealing it. It will probably take you a while to find out which holster fits you best.
    1990 4Runner (For Sale)<br />1997 4Runner LTD, e-locker,ISR MOD, Deckplate<br />2002 Tundra Access Cab

You made a good choice going for the Glock.
    I've had my G23 (.40) for a little over 5 years and probably put through approximately 5K rounds (conservatively). I've had very few jams and I've even had a few 9mm accidently go through it. I wasn't supervising as carefully as I should have with a new shooter.

The other guns brought up are all very good. I had several of my academy buddies go through with XDs, one with a sigpro a couple with USPs and a couple with some variation of a 1911. All are good reliable guns and it ultimately comes down to your preference. I would love to own any of them.

I have a pancake holster for my G23 that works well enough but it peeks under sweaters. I've found that the better thing is actually one of these from 5.11:

a holster shirt from 5.11 tactical
    http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp...3&number=40011

Comes in both black and white and the side pockets are large enough to hold a G23.
    EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that the shirt is one of those perspiration wicking, form fitting shirts so you can wear it under regular t-shirts, button-downs, polos, etc.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Are well shaped pectoral muscles included with the shirt?
    My signature

They've got the cut and man-boob sizes. Unfortunately, they're sold at random so you won't really be able to tell which one you have until you get home and try it on
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

YOu can hide a bigger gun with manboobs.
    My signature

I really have nothing to say to that... I've been struck speechless by your inescapable logic concerning male mammaries.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

That shirt rocks. I may have to try one of those. Half the time I end up carrying my P22 in a front pocket holster just because of comfort.
    1990 4Runner (For Sale)<br />1997 4Runner LTD, e-locker,ISR MOD, Deckplate<br />2002 Tundra Access Cab

I have a custom made shoulder rig for my H&K USPf 45Tach. that I carry it in a lot. I also have several www.fist-inc.com holsters that are a high ride with an FBI cant. What cant stands for is a tilt of the weapon to make it easier to draw. Along with the high rise your weapon will ride higher on your body so the imprinting is less likely to happen, also order it with a sweat guard.

Make sure that you also invest in a high quality belt to carry with. yes they will be expensive!! but you can not afford for your weapon falling out of your holster because of a weak belt!!!

I also have on order a custom made urban safari rig from www.andrewsleather.com it has taken over a year for them to build it. I have a size 68" chest, probally waiting on a cow big enough to die...lol but if you go to fist, they make sever different kinds of holsters and you can purty much customize them any way you want. also mention Texas Jim sent you. They also have a great links page that "the gun guy" is on and lots of links to other holster makers as well as ammo to just consealed clothing makers. TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast