Thread: 4.0L V-8 vs. SC'd 3.4L

4.0L V-8 vs. SC'd 3.4L

Ok guys this one is a ways out but something to consider. I had initially considered the TRD sc for my 3.4L then I thought a new 3.4L motor mated to a sc would for sure be the way to go, then as I researched more I found there are quite a few toys needed to make it work properly. I had also considered a lex or Toy 4.0 1UZ-FE swap, the runner ways a bit less altering the power to weight ratio. I'm nor aware if a successful 4.0 swap has been done but know the 4.0L is popular. My goal in the long run 1 year or so is to swap my engine between 200K- and 220K, with either of the above. I know a 4.0L mill will be cheaper than a 3.4L, and thats just for the motors, yes low mileage is the only option. So what do you guys and gals think? I want a reliable close to stock as possible (with a bit more power) for the simple reason of reliability and longevity. Whacha got?

Aaron
    I can, because I don't know that I can't.

Re: 4.5L V-8 vs. SC'd 3.4L

I would love the v8, but then of course the power to break all of the shit on your own 4runer is in your hand...
    Maybe the 4.5 is the way to go. You said its popular. Where are you seeing most of this info?
    Thanks!

Re: 4.5L V-8 vs. SC'd 3.4L

Not sure if enough power is there 212HP and 275lbft. There are a couple more swaps out there just forget where.
    http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=76701
    http://www.boosted4runner.com

Aaron

Re: 4.0L V-8 vs. SC'd 3.4L

The 4.0L is a V6. You mean the 4.7L? That's the V8. And the 4.5L is a straight 6 found on FJ80's and LX450's.

Personally, I'd opt for the 4.0L V6, if you're going to swap. It's got good power and fuel economy. Not sure how expensive this will be, though.
    Land Cruiser

So what is the liter of disp. on the 1uz-fe 32valve v-8? I was certain it was a 4.0 commonly found in
    # 1990-2000 Lexus LS 400
    # 1998-2000 Lexus GS 400
    # 1992-2000 Lexus SC 400

Aaron

Oh, my bad. I thought you meant the V8's in Tundra's and 4th gen 4Runners.
    Land Cruiser

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Man thats just weird! The guys over there are saying the same thing I am! Cabby thanks for the info.

Aaron