Thread: the weight of a 01 tranny and a chain driven tcase

the weight of a 01 tranny and a chain driven tcase

Id like to know the weight of the two, for one Im going to be getting these real soon, i want to know if I can even pick up the transfer case by myself, and the tranny obviously i cant pick that up but i will be putting it in the back of my truck not to long from now and not sure how its going to handle the weight and other stuff.

Hopefully I can get the case and shaft first, throw em in a storage place and get the tranny last on the list and have em put in within a couple of days so I dont sag the ever living crap out of my LC coils.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Re: the weight of a 01 tranny and a chain driven tcase

I don't know exact weights. And I'm definitely not sure what you could lift.
    But i have a 5spd and xfer case i picked up for a 91. To guess i would say the xfer case would be around 80 lbs maybe more but not much more. Trans i would put at around 175 or so empty. closer to 200 right out the vehicle.

I use to pull the transmission from my Chevelle by basically bench pressing it off the motor didn't have a jack, still don't have a transmission jack for that matter. Got a 350 for free cause i loaded it into the back of a station wagon

I think a couple of healthy people could load it, and would be nor different if someone was riding in the back. Of course it would be a big someone.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I'll take my scale down to where I have an A340F. I have a 2000 Limited t-case hee I'll weigh that.

My A340H with integral t-case was something like 350 lbs (Crated)
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

xfer case im picking up 40 miles away, however the tranny i have sourced is 200 miles away almost and dunno if any body on either of the forums are near that area, but i guess the guys at the shop should be able to help me get it on the truck. 80 pound xfer case aint a big deal. but im not a real strong guy, my max on the bench is around 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    I'll take my scale down to where I have an A340F. I have a 2000 Limited t-case hee I'll weigh that.

My A340H with integral t-case was something like 350 lbs (Crated)
    i still have to find where I can get the mounting points for both the case and new tranny.

i just dont want to break my back on this

Me, yeah.

You, not likely.

Two of you, maybe.

This is assuming just the trany/t-case without skids or packing stuff.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Me, yeah.

You, not likely.

Two of you, maybe.

This is assuming just the trany/t-case without skids or packing stuff.
    even the tranny by itself i dont think i could even pick up,
    crap forgot about the skids, thats one thing ill also have to get.

gonna go pick up the driveshaft today,

ill try and make a writeup on here as well once all said and done
    (too bad that may take a while )

I mean the skid, like a shipping skid if that is how other people were moving it around.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

pallet if you will...

so are you going to get that 4x4, or are you swapping in the 4x4 running gear?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

swapping, i pick up my case tomorrow, if they have a driveshaft ill also pick that up, tranny i gotta drive a little ways. deciding on whether to take my trailer or not but its open and i dont want it bouncing around.