Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2wd to 4wd conversion, sourcing parts and buildup

Re: 2wd to 4wd conversion, sourcing parts and buildup

i have to get a front diff first, so ill wait and put the front end later.

i really am tired of seeing these parts in my bonus room, ready to put em on
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

also with the duals, i think since this casting is setup for a gear drive case, I can just pickup a 23 spline 2.28:1 case hopefully and place it in front of the 4.97:1 case. however would i need an adapter to go between the front reduction box and rear case?

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    also with the duals, i think since this casting is setup for a gear drive case, I can just pickup a 23 spline 2.28:1 case hopefully and place it in front of the 4.97:1 case. however would i need an adapter to go between the front reduction box and rear case?
    yes, you need another adapter.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

sounds good, now my only worry is, how will i keep these cases attached to the truck with the rear crossmember in front of my gastank in the way.

update: just got back from colorado checking out CSU and hangin with my mom around the area.

things are going smooth and should have the case in real soon, Bud is on his way to making the xmember for me, I now have the shifter plate and pistol grip shifter in my possession but i may be missing something that Im not sure of

i dont have screws or whatever that will make this move over, Im thinking of moving the stock 2wd crap over and leaving the surround piece off till i figure out what to do.

any ideas?

just wanted to keep ppl in the loop. reason things havent gone in the truck yet is im still waiting on my crossmember, and I need to buy a old case mount.

but hopefully ill have the crossmember this week or next.

Im gonna search for a front diff and go ahead and get that while im at it, and a front driveshaft so ill have everything i need.

still waiting on the parts from Miguel, i told him he mise well ship those to my dorms in CO. cost him less and I dont have time to mess with them here.

So while you're waiting on your crossmember, let's hear more about this Ashley and the memories you made.

Im thinking your going to need the whole 4WD shifter assembly instead of just the 4WD pistol grip shifter. The 4WD shifter assembly looks way different.

Quote Originally Posted by 914Runner
    Im thinking your going to need the whole 4WD shifter assembly instead of just the 4WD pistol grip shifter. The 4WD shifter assembly looks way different.
    Why? He has a tranny shifter then two sticks to shift his case. What else is needed?
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by 914Runner
    what do you mean?

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast