[B]Write Up: Rear Mud Flap Mod

Article By:
Rock Slide
5/16/07
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

The purpose of this mod is to show you how to remove the extra piece of rubber on your rear mud flaps in order to give your 4Runner the appearance of a higher stance. Some people choose not to remove this black piece of rubber because they feel without it, their bumper will be subject to more debris hitting it. I did this mod 8 months ago, and my bumper still looks new. I highly recommend it.

**Special Note**

This modification is very easy to do. The only reason I am creating a write up on it is because I have received numerous emails asking how to do it. (I know, it seems simple enough, but I still receive them.) Therefore, to minimize and confusion, I have written a write up on it.

Tools Needed:

1. A sharp utility knife, razor blade or scissors

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

STEP 1:

Locate the extra piece of black rubber on the bottom of the rear mud flaps under the painted flare:

STEP 2:

Pick your tool of choice. I used a sharp utility knife. Simply cut the black rubber piece along the painted flare to remove it.

After you are done, it should look similar to this:

The finished product:

For follow-up questions, feel free to PM me.