Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scepter Jerry Can

Scepter Jerry Can

Hey Gang,

I'm organizing for a road trip in July. My wife and I will be taking my folks on a road trip from Haines, AK around to Whitehorse, Yukon and back down to Skagway, AK.

I have a surplus 5 gallon steel Jerry can but the fuel nozzle stinks. It leaks like a sieve, so I'm considering ordering two Scepter Jerry Cans and one of their nozzles. http://www.equipt1.com/h/index.php?k...ge=shop.browse

Anyone use them? Who has the best prices?

Thanks,

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Re: Scepter Jerry Can

lance has them. they are pretty darn nice

the only problem, they take forever to drain...... which nozzle are you using on the surplus cans?
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    lance has them. they are pretty darn nice
    Lance... Paging Lance...

How do they pour? Do they gulp and collapse or do they have some sort of vent in the nozzle?

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    the only problem, they take forever to drain...... which nozzle are you using on the surplus cans?
    That's what I was wondering.

I bought my surplus one from CheaperThanDirt and the nozzle too. It's a cheap made in china version made with that articulating metal so you can bend it. The seal on the can sucks. The can itself is great.

I'll get some pics when I get home.

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I use a modified Wedco nozzle, make sure the seal is tight. I did get a nato version with a rubber tube, I then took the tip from the cheap flex one like you have and attached to the end of the rubber nozzle. My new nozzle works like a champ....

The Scepter cans take 4 times, if not longer to empty, compared to the NATO cans
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Here's my current set up with a NATO can.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    I use a modified Wedco nozzle, make sure the seal is tight. I did get a NATO version with a rubber tube, I then took the tip from the cheap flex one like you have and attached to the end of the rubber nozzle. My new nozzle works like a champ....

The Scepter cans take 4 times, if not longer to empty, compared to the NATO cans
    Bruce, does your nozzle look like mine?

The latch "should" tighten it down enough to create a seal, but not on mine.

I don't want it to take for ever to empty the can, but I REALLY don't want to spill fuel all over myself and my rig. I would be stoked to fix the leak, but I don't have a clue how to at this point

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

expedition exchange carries a Wedco nozzle for 10 bucks. Might just have to give it a shot. https://www.expeditionexchange.com/wedco/

I can't tell if it would fit though. The caption says "This spout will fit only the "V" type of Jerrycans with the locking pins on the cap and will not fit other types of Jerrycans without the locking pins"
    Side by side they look pretty identical

Erich
    -Erich
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I picked up 3 of the OD Scepter cans, 1 siphon line and 1 nozzle from Paul May @ Equipt1. He was helpful in getting all of the items for both of my Death Valley trips One thing to note on these items: Make sure you don't fill them up all the way as the fuel will expand... (duh.. stupid me). Anyway the first DV trip I did I ended up filling em up quite a bit that when opening the lid a bit of the fuel came out No biggie but something to note. Outside of that they're pretty leakproof! Love the siphon line btw A must have!

You'll love it although it's $$$ but I believe it's well worth it
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Erich, you need a new can or a new nozzle because I have a new version of yours and it doesn't leak a drop.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast