Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scepter Jerry Can

Re: Scepter Jerry Can

Erich, before you ditch the one you have, try making a new gasket for it out of a doubled up innertube or something similar.
    My signature

I thought I bought some new seals when I bought my cans. Not seeing them on the CTD site anymore though (they have nozzles, but not the jerry cans anymore)
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    Erich, you need a new can or a new nozzle because I have a new version of yours and it doesn't leak a drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Erich, before you ditch the one you have, try making a new gasket for it out of a doubled up innertube or something similar.
    Guys, who's side are you on?! I'm looking for reasons to get the new Scepter Cans! J/k

I agree with you both. Replacing the nozzle seal is the way to go. The seal on the can itself is flawless. It's been holding a vacuum the since last fall. It was warm when I opened it last and it got VERY cold outside in the shed over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    I thought I bought some new seals when I bought my cans. Not seeing them on the CTD site anymore though (they have nozzles, but not the jerry cans anymore)
    I'll see if I can find some rubber to make a new seal, but it might just be easier to buy that Wedco nozzle.

P.S. Called a motel in Haines Junction, Yukon this morning to ask about gas prices. The guy figured they were about $1.10/liter = $4.16/gallon

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I completely forgot about the Expedition Portal Forum.

They have a full thread with some very good reviews on Scepter Cans http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ighlight=Jerry

And a very detailed review of the MFC (Military Fuel Cans) http://www.expeditionportal.com/equi...cepter_can.php

At this point I'm going to look at the only place in town that carries army surplus and see if they carry the steel cans.

I know shipping up here will be difficult and expensive. Either I buy one more steel can up here, or I get two Scepters from down south.

We'll see what I can find.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    I completely forgot about the Expedition Portal Forum.

They have a full thread with some very good reviews on Scepter Cans http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...ighlight=Jerry

And a very detailed review of the MFC (Military Fuel Cans) http://www.expeditionportal.com/equi...cepter_can.php

At this point I'm going to look at the only place in town that carries army surplus and see if they carry the steel cans.

I know shipping up here will be difficult and expensive. Either I buy one more steel can up here, or I get two Scepters from down south.

We'll see what I can find.

Erich
    I wrote those reviews posted... Looks like all questions you had were answered, but if you have any more let me know.
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    They come and go on the site depending on their supply.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12