Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?"

Re: The Movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?"

I guess I should have kept reading before I finished my post above because another article I just read says that Toyota and Matsushita Electric have been working on a Li-ion battery pack to debut in the 2009 Toyota Prius. I guess a few other companies are working on the Li-ion technology for the hybrid market too including Toshiba and Hitachi electric. Sounds like we'll be seeing them arrive in the market around the 2010 timeframe.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Re: The Movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?"

Well, this is good. I liked that movie a lot.

FWIW, my brother actually works in the hydrogen fuel cell business. There website:

http://www.fuelcellstore.com/

Baisically Oly and others hit the nail mostly on the head. Fuel cell technology iss too expensive to be viable at this time, plus it is relatively inefficent.

As for fusison, it won't happen any time soon. People are spooked about nuclear energy, because of 3mile, and other accidents around the globe. People being spooked mean no support in congress, and that means no money for the research.

I would love an electric car. Doesn't matter if it doesn't have range, i'd use it to drive around town, go to the market, etc. Leave the truck for fun on the weekends.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123