Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tile Jobs (Pics)

Tile Jobs (Pics)

Some of you wanted to see some pics of my tile work, so here you go. I learned the trade from my father who was in the business for almost 20 years, thanks Dad!. Since getting out of the Marines at the beginning of 2001, I have been doing tile full time. I have had my license for about 3yrs. and have been in business for myself 2yrs. I was able to keep all the contractors that my father worked for and picked up a really good one. I don't have any employees other than my wife who does the majority of the bookwork (don't know what I would do without her). This allows me to have complete control over the quality of the work, although it adds a great deal of work to not have a laborer. I mainly do remodels, which is nice because the owners are usually great to work with and are genuinly excited about the project. I really like the creative side and I spend a ton of time on layout so that in the end you just see an awesome job without some little thing to draw your attention away. I really do owe it all to my dad, he taught me well and when he quit doing tile, I was pretty much given his tile tools. Anyways, Fuster asked for it,so here are some pics.

Edit: I started a photo album that has more pics of different jobs and I will be adding more to it as I find and organize my old pics. Portfolio Album

This is actually my parents masterbath (used to be my brothers room ) I did the majority of the actual tile work. This is pre license.

These are from the first major whole bathroom that I did on my own.

Some shampoo shelves I made

All of those were all at the same jobsite. Most of the slate walkways were done by both me and my father.
    My signature

Re: Tile Jobs (Pics)

Man that looks great. I am building a house and my father inlaw and i are doing the tile work. I am a little ocd at times about straight lines so it can get on my nerves. We are layong over 1100 sq. ft. I am having the shower built by a pro. I can only hope mine turns out half as nice as the work pictured.
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Wow Chris, those really look fantastic (esp the slate walkway out back!).
    Maybe one day I'll have a house worthy of work like that and we'll probably be able to afford to fly you in for the install.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Home for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    Man that looks great. I am building a house and my father inlaw and i are doing the tile work. I am a little ocd at times about straight lines so it can get on my nerves. We are layong over 1100 sq. ft. I am having the shower built by a pro. I can only hope mine turns out half as nice as the work pictured.
    I can give you some tips for layout, etc.. when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Wow Chris, those really look fantastic (esp the slate walkway out back!).
    Maybe one day I'll have a house worthy of work like that and we'll probably be able to afford to fly you in for the install.
    Thanks, LOL I think my luggage would be pretty heavy.
    My signature

I think these are the ones that Fuster wanted to see.

Masterbath

Deck

Kitchen
    My signature

chris, the international tile layer in Tile at Jamie's
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Wow now that's impressive!!!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

You are amazing man. Pure art.
    1991 4Runner 4x4 5-speed, 31&#039;s, 3vze<br />1992 Lexus SC400, auto, 1UZ-FE (donor)<br />1978 Datsun 280Z (project car)

Thanks for the compliments. This stuff helps me out when I am feeling burnt out on it or am on a crappy job like I am now. I can't wait to be done with this one.
    My signature

Yup, those are the ones. Nothing says rich like solid tile work. Nice stuff, Chris. I like the inset niches in the slate shower; nice and straight. I think slate is my favorite material right now....'course I used to like disco music too
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast