Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tile Jobs (Pics)

Re: Tile Jobs (Pics)

Great stuff Chris! Im burnt with my job as well.. gotta get out of here for a weekend...
    Milton<br />01 Tacoma access cab 4x4 <br />08 Tacoma Doublecab 4x4

I realized that I haven't added any new pics in awhile. I am back at this job working on a big deck, with tiled benches, firepit, railings, etc... Here are some pics from their masterbath that I did last year.

Tumbled slate floor in a herringbone pattern w/ electric heating mat installed underneath. I also did the stone work on the tub.

better view of the floor

tub

steam shower

My signature

bigger pic

one of the benches in the shower

detail on back wall

inset shelf on left wall

looking down at the shower floor

I think this deck that they have me working on now is going to kill me but it should be pretty cool when it is done.
    My signature

now that ive met you,you know what, if i can talk my parents into it, we are so hiring you to do our tile!!!!! and then we can go wheeling when youre done!!!!

awesome job man!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Chris, beautiful tile work! I really like the combination of colors and patterns you used. Keep posting pics like this; I like to save them for ideas later!

What type of material was used for the outdoor front entry way?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    now that ive met you,you know what, if i can talk my parents into it, we are so hiring you to do our tile!!!!! and then we can go wheeling when youre done!!!!

awesome job man!
    LOL, nice! Working and wheeling, sounds fun. Thanks for the comps!

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    Chris, beautiful tile work! I really like the combination of colors and patterns you used. Keep posting pics like this; I like to save them for ideas later!

What type of material was used for the outdoor front entry way?

Ken
    Thanks Ken, although on most of these that I have posted, I had nothing to do with the tile chosen. Mainly they had a designer with a crappy drawing and the tile already picked out, I have to figure out the layout, usually change the design because the designer was an idiot, then execute it and make the designer look good.

The pic of my parents bathroom was one that I did a bunch of the design work. Those ones are the fun ones, where they have the tile picked out that they like but basically let me do the design work to make it look cool. I have one that should be finished before Christmas that has some cool stuff that I'll take pics of. The lady likes how I helped her to figure out the tile design, that she has basically hired me to help her decorate and design the rest of the house. It's kind of funny, she won't hang anything on the wall without having me come over and help her figure out where to put it. She's convinced that I should start being a designer on the side.

Ken, that outdoor entryway is slate. I know some of it is the crappy Home Depot slate and some came from somewhere else. Slate can be tricky, sometimes it does fine outside on a deck and other times it just doesn't work well. It is very soft and absorbs heat quickly, therefore it can expand and contract quite a bit, which may eventually break the bond. Other times, I have seen it hold up extremely well to heat and cold.

My signature

Here are a couple teaser pics from a project I am working on right now. It will be super cool when it is done, assuming it doesn't kill me trying to get it done. The only time this deck isn't in direct sunlight is from 3:45pm till sunrise. We resorted to using my beach umbrella stuck in a bucket of sand to give us some shade as we were setting, unfortunately that only worked while we were setting in the big main section.

There are some special things planned for the benches in this pic.

My signature

That is some awesome work. I have to chime in because I just started my own tile job in my bathroom. When completed pics to follow....

Cupholder Mod

Quote Originally Posted by jrallan26
    That is some awesome work. I have to chime in because I just started my own tile job in my bathroom. When completed pics to follow....

jrallan, nice work. Looks like you did good on the layout and the lines are straight, makes for a visually appealling shower. I see many where it just starts with a whole tile somewhere and ends up with a little piece on the other side.

Are you setting directly on the greenboard? If so, you will want to keep that grout sealed with a really good sealer. You will want to hit the corners with the sealer everyonce in awhile as that is where it will wear off the fastest and where it will leak if the sealer has broken down. I would suggest going to an actual tile store and getting their recommendations for a sealer rather than a Home Depot or Lowes type store. A good sealer is really expensive but will last a long time and it goes quite a long way.

Is that a window ledge that is covered with plastic? What are your plans for waterproofing that?

The floor tile looks great also. So, are you ready for a career change?
    My signature

I spent some time yesterday before work and organized some photos into a Portfolio Album. It has more pics of the same jobs I already posted plus some other jobs that aren't posted. I'll add to it as I find some of my older pics that are on discs somewhere.

Also, here's a pic of me and my Dad, who taught me the trade. This is a few years ago and possibly the last time he grouted and got paid for it. I was finishing up this job on a weekend and he came to take pics and help me grout for a little bit. Thanks Dad!

My signature

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast