Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tile Jobs (Pics)

Re: Tile Jobs (Pics)

I covered the window in plastic because I havent finished the trim yet. That will be done this afternoon.

Yes the tile was put on the concrete board.

Next weekend I will put on the sealer, what do you recommend?

No I think I am too old for a career change, my a$$ and my knees are killing me.

My next tile job will be the kitchen and entry way to the living room.
    Cupholder Mod

Cool, I'm glad you used concrete board. It looked like it was greenboard drywall for some reason. Just in case (although I'm sure you already know), make sure that you don't have the window sill tile perfectly flat as you want to make sure water drains off it. I'm sure you already knew that but more for others who may be reading and doing their own project.

As for the sealer, there are many different brands and it depends on what brand the local tile store carries.

For example one here carries Stonetech and I would suggest their Bulletproof Sealer Your coverage will be much greater as the coverage they have listed is for stone products and grout, while yours will just be the grout joints.

The other tile store carries Aquamix and I would suggest Sealer's Choice Gold

Both of these are penetrating sealers and will not change the look or feel of the grout but offer outstanding water and stain prevention. They are also perfectly fine to be used in food prep areas so you can use the same sealer when you do your kitchen. Great job so far!
    My signature

For the shower I did use greenboard, the floor I used concrete board.
    Cupholder Mod

Quote Originally Posted by jrallan26
    For the shower I did use greenboard, the floor I used concrete board.
    Then you will definately want to get a good sealer on there right away. You don't want all your hard work to go to waste in a few years. The greenboard just doesn't hold up to the moisture all that well, so you will want to stay on top of it throughout the years. Any cracks in the grout that develop over time in the corner joints or bottom joint at the tub, you will want to fill them and seal them right away. Those are the two joints that are most common for allowing water behind the tile. The sealer goes on really easy and if you do it in the evening, you can use the shower in the morning.
    My signature

Update,

I took off the hideos plastic and finished the wood trim. Tommorrow I caulk the seams and put another coat of poly on the trim. I am getting there, and its a good thing, my bum is sore and my knees are shot... This is a young man's job and I am almost 40. I couldnt do this everyday. I salute the the gentlemen (like Slo) who do this everyday. They are ironmen. I like my gig in I.T. On to the pics....

Cupholder Mod

jrallan, looks good! I forgot to get back and check out your progress. The wood trim around the window looks good also.
    My signature

I guess it's time for an update on this project. The main deck was finished awhile ago and then I was on and off the project waiting for materials/other subs to finish. I finshed up the tile base a few weeks ago and was just able to get back and take pics without other subs working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Here are a couple teaser pics from a project I am working on right now.

Here's how it looks now:

There are some special things planned for the benches in this pic.

And the Benches/FirePit (I did everything except for the river stone work on the sides of the firepit)

Another comparison shot:
    My signature

wow that is gorgeous
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Here are a few more shots of the deck:

The "wide" stairs:

The "long" stairs:

The back stairs and deck shower (mainly used to wash the dog)

Here's the bench all decorated:

The back part of the deck:

This house has been an amazing place to work and the projects were always a challenge and very cool to do. I'll be kind of bummed when I am fully done out there. The last thing I am doing out there was to make a fountain for them. I'm all done with that except for drilling a hole, once they pick out a spigot. If you look through my Portfolio, anything that is labeled "Stoltz" is from this same place. I think I've been working on and off there for over two years, as they lived there during the construction and it was all done in phases. Very cool people to work for and I am honored that I got to do their tile work. These are the type of jobs that make my job "worth it". Most of the projects there had a "designer" and then I tweaked their design to make it work. Other projects, they let me have free reign to design and use what they had left over. Those were probably the ones that were the most enjoyable.
    My signature

Lee, thanks. It's a very cool house and that deck has an amazing view of the hills and Talley Vineyard.
    My signature

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast