Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Does FJ Mean?

Re: What Does FJ Mean?

This I know: 1st letter is the engine series, FJ was the original gas powered north american truck, but there was also the BJ (yep I laughed too) powered by a B series diesel this was in the 40 and 70 series too, also the HJ powered by a H series diesel in 60 series, HDJ (80 series) HZJ gas (80 series) PZJ (70 series) LJ (70 series prado)
    FZJ (80 series) and so on the first letter or two corespond to the type of engine in stalled in the J chassis.

The J? I no Idea man. Like it was mentioned before possibly because they were WWII jeep copies or it could have been a left over from some military designation.

Yep I need a life
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Another F-ing Jeep
    hahahaha, i love it
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

foe jeep
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Wouldn't that be Faux jeep Blake?

unless you meant a foe of jeep. whichever.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

whatever spelling nazi

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    whatever spelling nazi
    foetaghrafers dont nead to no how to spel
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    whatever spelling nazi
    foetaghrafers dont nead to no how to spel
    oh now you are hilarious

That IS pretty funny. I had to sound it out s-l-o-w-l-y to get it though.

I think he meant fauxtauxgraffers
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

FJ Cruiser

This model is named after the legendary FJ40-series Land Cruiser, hence the retro-look. In the FJ40-series Land Cruiser, the F stood for the engine code. The J is for the Land Cruiser chassis code, i.e., FJ40, BJ41, FJ60, HZJ60, HZJ70, FJ80, FZJ80, HDJ81V, UZJ100W, HDJ100W, URJ200, VDJ200... (N is for the Hilux/Tacoma & Hilux Surf/4Runner; E is for the Corolla)

Yes, there was a BJ40-series Land Cruiser but it was not sold commercially in North America so it was named the FJ Cruiser since the FJ40-series are more popular in NA than the BJ40-series.

Desert Dune Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185W SSR-G l 3.0L TDI<br />&quot;DRIVE YOUR DREAMS&quot;

Cheese....I thought it was funny.

On a serious note, good work guys, good to know what it means, I always assumed it was just a chasis designation of some sort.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast