Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swapping a 1UZFE (Lexus 4.0 V8) into a 2nd Gen 4Runner (LONG)

Re: Swapping a 1UZFE (Lexus 4.0 V8) into a 2nd Gen 4Runner (LONG)

And when exactly will it end??

Started too long ago, will end before winter. My shop space goes away then and I'll have no where to work on it.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

OK finally got a couple of hours to do some clean up and start assembling my 1UZ today.

First I installed the plug tube gaskets into the cam covers.

Hit them with a coating of oil to make it easy to insert them.

Here's where the inventiveness comes in... I took this shot on a timer and held the camera under my chin to get the shot (that was my 2nd try)

Here I've taped off the various passages so I can give it a cleaning - obviously not a Smitherz level of cleaning, but I wanted to get the grunge off of it while it's all apart. This is a pre-cleaning shot (although after the cleaning, it isn't vastly cleaner - at least I know it's clean...

Here's some teasers with a few of the parts on the engine (not done cleaning yet though), plus I need to get bolts for the starter to reverse the mounting for easy removal.

Maybe a new avatar??

Here's the color match. Since I was trying to match a dark metallic, I opted to match to the bright-sunlight version (as in the color it takes on when it sunlight). As anyone who has dark metallic paint can testify, it looks different in various lighting conditions. It's not exact, but it's a stock color I'll always be able to get.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

Looks real good Mike...I still think you need a new 4runner to put it in....with no rust

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/car/385511788.html
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

looks awesome! love the color!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    Looks real good Mike...I still think you need a new 4runner to put it in....with no rust

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/car/385511788.html
    Wrong color! Actually, I'll be looking in CA/AZ/TX for a 1st Gen after this one is done.

nice work mike
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

The motor looks just about ready to come to life!
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Dang Mike...it actually looks good man! If I knew you had a metallic 4Runner, then we could have got you a really close blue metallic to match. Regardless it does set it off. It will really look good once its down in the engine bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

For those curious...here's a pic of the 2UZ idler in place of the 1UZ hydraulic fan pump. (I need to take some powdercoat off of the inside of the pulley so it fits)

More powdercoating to remove:

My sticker is just a little too big...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast