Thanks to slosurfer for sending me over here from ih8mud. Sorry for the cut and paste job if you saw this post over there, I'm just trying to decide if I should move on this one.

I just went and looked at, what I believe to be, a nice 4Runner to replace my much loved, but "can't afford the payments anymore" Turbo Subaru Forester.

Here's the dealers link; 1994 4Runner SR5 4X4. It looks and drives pretty good, running a bit rough at idle, the dampers feel worn (that could just be me, the Forester dosn't roll very much), and there looks to be very minimal rust on the frame. Dealer says new head gaskets, timing belt valve job (?), battery, and alternator.

What I'm looking for, first and foremost is a daily driver safe for hauling the two kids around. Second, an off-road toy well supported by the after market and able to take me on some of the trails in Tellico and Brown Mtn. NC both before and after modification.

I'd love to see some links to photos of this year/model modified for off-road (lifts, skid plates, diff locks, ect...).

Thanks Folks,
Carl