Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Seeks Input, 1994 4Runner

Re: Newbie Seeks Input, 1994 4Runner

looks good man! i have some mad respect for the subies, and would own one if i could afford one!

and yes i just said "mad respect". im straight up gangsta yo, respect.

welcome to the site. this one is ALOT better than other tech sites
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

hey, i didnt notice you were already signed up when i told you to come over here :-P ... its way better on this site than the other yota sites
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    hey, i didnt notice you were already signed up when i told you to come over here :-P ... its way better on this site than the other yota sites
    I signed up on a few Toyota forums (including this one) and for some reason settled on 'that other one', I decided that I only had time for one more forum in my life. I just chose wrong, and never went back to any of the others. I've also been very involved with both my Subaru forums for such along time now that they will still remain my main forum focus. But I sure do need a good Yota outlet sometimes. :-)
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

*Welcome back and have you thought of tossing on some FJC coils and a set of bj spacers to give a little more room and stuff some 33's in there? (I'm glad you came back, a lot of folks might lurk once signed up but rarely contribute. Take pics, have fun, and come in here to tell some good stories and what you're up to.

I like the XT edition 4runner. My wife drives an '05 FXT and we like it a lot.

How did you make your front recovery point. Just a big chunk of metal with holes in it? I may look into this.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike

How did you make your front recovery point. Just a big chunk of metal with holes in it? I may look into this.
    u mean xt Forester? cuz i dont think there is an XT 4Runner :-P ... i wish i could have afforded an XT, but i have a Impreza TS currently, altho i have someone interested in buying it ^_^...

hey carl, i know bein on multiple forums is difficult... i regularly check 4... lol... and i had to cut one out cuz i just didnt have the time. we all need a good yota outlet :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Hey, welcome back! Nice upgrades, good job on that recovery point. Similar to SDORI's and I like the low profile of it.

Sorry to hear about your job. Times are definately hard now. I'm self employed in the construction industry which means lately that I'm unemployed most the time.

I hear ya, on the multiple forums. NOt only am I a member of most the toyota 4wd sites, but I have the toyota van site, and work related forums.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike

The XT badge is off my Forester, and the 4WD badge is off of my old '83 GL Wagon parts car. :-) The other bit of Subarooiness installed, that I highly recommend, is the wiper blades are two passenger side (17") blades off of an '09 Forester, they work GREAT!!!
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Hey, welcome back! Nice upgrades, good job on that recovery point. Similar to SDORI's and I like the low profile of it.
    The recovery point is definitely SDORI inspired and there is a bit of a story behind it...

My Runner came with a brush guard on it that I didn't like. In removing said brush guard I broke the rusted in bolt that was holding it and the tow hook on.

After months of trying to remove the broken bolt, I finally gave up, moved the stock tow hook to the other side and made the recover point to use the threaded hole in the frame behind the one where the broken bolt is. The thing different about my recovery point as opposed to the SDORI is it fits a 3/4" bow shackle instead of the 5/8" shackle the the SDORI uses.

(Un)Fortunately, I still have never gotten stuck so I haven't had the opportunity to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by carljwnc
    The other bit of Subarooiness installed, that I highly recommend, is the wiper blades are two passenger side (17") blades off of an '09 Forester, they work GREAT!!!
    *I might have to abscond w/ Lil'Bro's off his Integra then? This solves the wiping/streaking issue (oh man, here comes someone w/ a pun..)? Are yu talking just blades or arms/complete then?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast