Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie Seeks Input, 1994 4Runner

Re: Newbie Seeks Input, 1994 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    *I might have to abscond w/ Lil'Bro's off his Integra then? This solves the wiping/streaking issue (oh man, here comes someone w/ a pun..)? Are yu talking just blades or arms/complete then?
    I'll spare you the pun. What you replace are what I call the 'carriers' and the blades. They are an 'aero' style carrier, and yes, you can get just the replacement blades for them.

If you want a good deal on them, you can contact Ben at Hodges Subaru, he has already sold several sets for Toyota truck owners and even has a set on his Yota. Just tell him that I sent you.
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

Good job on the tow point! Way to work with what you had.

Okay, I've got newish blades, but they're still kindof streaky/crappy, so these subi blades should help. Just to get this right, I need 2 '09 Forrester 17" passenger blades, correct? This is the whole part that attaches to the arm, and then down the road, I just buy replacement rubbers? Is there really a difference between the passenger and driver "carrier", aren't the carriers the same on most vehicles? I know they sell replacement "carriers" in the different lengths at Napa and other places, some do this rather than just replacing the rubber every year.

Sorry, for all the questions, but I'm really interested in this. MY blades started streaking, just thought it was time for new rubber, bought new rubber and still the same thing. So it must be the carrier that is fubar'd.
    My signature

Blades streaking with new rubbers, a google ad-sense dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Good job on the tow point! Way to work with what you had.

Okay, I've got newish blades, but they're still kindof streaky/crappy, so these subi blades should help. Just to get this right, I need 2 '09 Forrester 17" passenger blades, correct? This is the whole part that attaches to the arm, and then down the road, I just buy replacement rubbers? Is there really a difference between the passenger and driver "carrier", aren't the carriers the same on most vehicles?
    Thanks for the kind words on the tow point!!!

(2) '09 Forester passenger side blade assembly is correct, just to make it easier Subaru part #86542SC160. Refill (blade only) part #86548SC150.

Yes, this is the whole part that attaches to the arm. The rubber parts are what I call the blade which you can get separately, the carrier is the aero shaped piece that attaches to the arm and holds the blade. My invoice calls it the blade assembly.

A lot of vehicles now have different length wipers on the drivers side and passenger side, I guess just to give the driver a better view.
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

Navigator

every car iv ever owned, except the 4runner, has a longer blade on the driver side and a shorter one on the passenger side... (including my 1990 Honda Civic)... its to clear as much of the driver side as possible, and move that little triangle of dirt that always ends up between the 2 blades farther to the passenger side... my truck is in dyer need of new blades... they just kinda smear the water and dirt around :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123