Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overland Journal (new magazine)

Overland Journal (new magazine)

I saw this over on mud, I think I need to subscribe. Covers a topic that the majority of magazines in the states skip over.

Quote:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 4/30/2007

Overland Journal, the first North American vehicle-dependent expedition publication.

"The publication for environmentally responsible, worldwide vehicle-dependent expedition and adventure travel."

Overland Journal is a new publication dedicated to expedition travel and exploration in North America and around the world. Featuring over 100 pages of expedition vehicles, travel stories, equipment reviews, and conservation news, Overland Journal will set new standards in adventure travel journalism. Our international editorial staff will collect the most captivating and informative stories ever seen in a vehicle-centered publication.

-Overland Journal is delivered perfect bound and in full color for archival quality.
    -Each year features a Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Annual Gear issue.

Overland Journal is content-rich, with 10+ page feature adventures and no story breaks. Skills and technical features offer a level of detail and testing consistent with the expectations of our educated and professional readers.

Published by Overland Journal, LLC, Prescott, Arizona www.overlandjournal.com
    Editorial- Jonathan Hanson, Executive Editor, editor@overlandjournal.com
    Operations- Scott Brady, Publisher scott@overlandjournal.com
    Advertising- Brian McVickers, Marketing Director brian@overlandjournal.com

My signature

Re: Overland Journal (new magazine)

Bump... Anyone interested in vehicle dependent expeditions? YOu may recognize one of the names above (Scott Brady- Operations) from his Expedition West Tacoma and his pieces in 4WD Toyota Owner mag.
    My signature

Mmmmm, Sounds like an awesome magazine! I just got my first issue of 4WD Toyota Owner, now I'll have to see if I can sneak this subscription by the wife. I'll send it to work!

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Kinda pricy.

Its like $9 an issue and they only have 5 issues a year.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I have subscribed to and received this magazine and it is outstanding. There are some great articles (long) and minimal advertisements.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    Kinda pricy.

Its like $9 an issue and they only have 5 issues a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    There are some great articles (long) and minimal advertisements.
    The two go hand in hand - cheaper mag, more adverts.

I think it's a great premise for a mag. I only get a handful now - used to get all of them, but got sick of seeing page after page of full size domestics. I prefer the more grass-roots type of magazines. Less fluff.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Lance, good to know. It looks like it is bound more like a book rather than a magazine. Some mags are worth the price, I know I was paying a ton for my Longboard mag, but it was awesome with minimal advertising and was very well put together. They don't fall apart very easy.

I wish I could go for the charter subscription but the wife might have a heart attack. It would be nice if these come staggered compared to when the 4wd toyota mag comes.
    My signature

i am a subscriber...get it! its worth $9 if your into overland/expedition travel. great articles and pics...they have a website too to check out before you decide. bump, for a great mag!
    2002 Tacoma<br />TRD Supercharger, exhaust, header, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, Fabtech coilovers, OME 7 leaf spring packs, Ride-rite airbags.<br />1993 FWC Ranger II

If you haven't already take a look on Expedition Portal for the thread about the magazine. Somewhere on there is a link that has a couple of pages from the 1st issue you can read through to see if it interests you.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

Lance, thanks I was just heading over there to see if they had a thread. I haven't visited there since TacoDoc headed to Iraq (I was constantly checking out his rig).
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast