Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Custom Rear Bumper Pics Thread

Re: Custom Rear Bumper Pics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    i plan on using delrin (sp?) bushings, 2 hinges for each door, one high one low.
    If you need Delrin bushings, I can spin some up for you, I got tons of it. Yes your spelling is correct.
    might take you up on that! should be starting mine sometime this summer, hoping to be done by pismo!
    ebay search for "Delrin Bushing"

$10 a piece with inner and outer DOM sleeves, shipping out of Vegas . . .
    Got the hinges sometime in the last few days (been traveling) - these look good. the bushings/sleeves fit with minimal/no play, all edges are deburred and they move freely. Definately worth the $10
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

ordered the hinges/bushings. bought all my steel today, just a few more parts to collect to be done with parts. im starting on it as soon as i get the truck back on the road from front wheel bearings.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

ordered the hinges/bushings. bought all my steel today, just a few more parts to collect to be done with parts. im starting on it as soon as i get the truck back on the road from front wheel bearings.
    How much did you end up paying for all of your steel? I'm thinking about fabbing a plate wrap around but haven't looked into prices yet.
    1999 Toyota 4runner Limited 4x4 E-Locker: DR Coilovers ~ Camburg UCA's ~ OME 890+10mm ~ Icon Rear 2.5 Resi's ~ 235/85/16 Hankook Dynapro MT's ~ LC Rims

uh, well i ordered a BUNCH of stuff, and had some left over from a few previous purchases. id have to go find my invoice for what i bought the other day. it isnt alot though. i think a few hundred.

got my "bushings". guy mailed me the wrong parts. so i have to call him.

today i worked on the lower brackets. basically im making a bruce bumper with a tire carrier. pictures to come, especially when i start deviating from his design. i cant be bothered to find my card reader...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

This guy has a cool setup.

T.O.Y.O.T.A.<br />Take Off Your Oversized Tires Andy

Where did bobblehead Jesus go?
    My signature

update:

Just added mud flaps to the BruceTS bumper, actually, all 4 corners. It has been raining for 3 weeks, well, with the intension of to be on the safe side of the law, I went to a local parts store bought a cheapy set of plastic mud flaps, $12 from Pepboys, pair of 2. cut each piece into 2, smaller one goes to the front, bigger one to the rear.

front, pass. side
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/tonniechengca/99%20SR5/IMG_0546.jpg[/img]

front, driver side

rear, pass. side

rear, driver side
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Mine is done!
    God speed,<br />Steve Hanson<br />Racers For Christ<br />Rockcrawlers For Christ<br />www.teamrfc.org<br />--------------------<br />special thanks: bfgoodrich|trail gear|cbi fabrication|total chaos|arb|sway-a-way|aem electronics|lucas oil|trd|baja racks|bassani exhaust|spidertrax

Mine. I will be cutting this off in the future for a tire carrier setup, but we do these on 3rd gen 4runners.

That lambo one above was on my last 1st gen 4runner. It actually worked pretty damn well. Even in off camber situations. The strut helped control it a lot. In comparison to the weak spinde type carriers, this worked excellent and the tire had no vibes at all. Even on wash board roads.

[img width=800 height=600]http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/3rd-gen-t4rs/36260d1291472359-can-everyone-tube-front-bumper-post-pic-007.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=599]http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/3rd-gen-t4rs/36259d1291472335-can-everyone-tube-front-bumper-post-pic-005.jpg[/img]
    Scotty<br />www.AddictedOffroad.com<br />I build chit!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast