Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally got banned for life from the other guy's

Re: I finally got banned for life from the other guy's

Phil/Strap,

While I know the other moderators are a little more welcoming than I currently feel at the moment, I still find too many things too coincidental, even down to the little things like your truck going for sale the same day the Truck of the Week thing was implemented. Now it could be that Corey decided to implement it in anticipation of yours, but the launch was within 1 hour of you posting your ad. Whether or not you are a victim of his overzealous promotion of your company, personal debt/obligation to you for the bumper and other stuff, etc...we'll never know. Only Corey will know.

That said, I am going to go along with the other guys, bury the hatchet, and give you the benefit of the doubt. That is how much faith and respect i have in the opinions of my peers, co-founders, mods and our members. Personally speaking, given the way the moderator(s) and/or co-owners are running the show over there, I'd disassociate myself from that VBIED of a forum. Reminds me of the last days of the Third Reich with these insane rules, censorship of our name, and editing of member posts.

Bob

Andy, good to hear from you. I appreciate the kind words. I will go to the Vendor Section and check it out and spend a little time getting a feel for this forum. I just want to make this perfectly clear to everyone.....Corey did indeed buy the fridge. He paid for it just like anyone else would. The other stuff is history. Thanks for the opportunity to state my side. Now I need to check your new home out. I might even get comfy here too.
    Phil<br /><br />www.TRDParts4u.com<br />www.ToyotaOffRoad.com<br />www.FJCruiserOffroad.com<br />www.ToyotaPartSales.com.<br />www.ToyotaNASCAR.com<br />Authorized ARB?OME Distributor

I would just like to remind you of the status of the kitty. If we keep going like this, that poor thing is going to be dead. I research funding options for thousands of hours per day, on ways to keep this kitty alive. By the time I finally hit the fart sack, I am usually out of options.

Thankfully, as a reward for my many hours of hardwork I have a cold place to keep the kitty, a smooth carrier for the cold place and a big gun to protect people who oggle my kitty or my carrier. I think this is all pay back from when I stopped drinking in 82. Only Harvey's rootbeer can be kept with the kitty.

If you see me or the kitty on the trail, please remember to Tread Lightly in Greenwater, the Gateway to ARB. Wave to the planes, thanks to the greatest employer in the nation and have a zesty day!
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

OMG...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

oh SNAP! that takes the time machine back to the 9-9! :wooot:

hahaha

Bob it's nice to hear from you too. Speculation is all we all can do. The Timing was very good to say the least and I was greatful to get the exposure. Fortunately my rig was basically sold in 18 hours from my first post on Mud. There was never an offer from any of TOF YT members for it. Anyway, I too hope we can co-exist and I am always willing to help in any way I can.
    Phil<br /><br />www.TRDParts4u.com<br />www.ToyotaOffRoad.com<br />www.FJCruiserOffroad.com<br />www.ToyotaPartSales.com.<br />www.ToyotaNASCAR.com<br />Authorized ARB?OME Distributor

is it over yet? to the hole then.
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by strap22
    Well I finally made it over here. (Not sure if I am welcome or not). A couple points I would like to address and That is all I will say about it.

1.) Yes we did give Corey a free bumper and suspension in exchange for a photo shoot with Dave Zartman. We also arranged for ARB to do the install and for Dave to do the photo shoot. Corey was the the likely donor because he writes very good tech articles and has done allot for the offroad community not to mention he works minutes from ARB so the use of his vehicle was simple.
    2.) The fridge was NOT given to Corey and he paid the same price anyone else would.
    3.) The "Rig of the week" placement came up and it really was perfect timing for me. I had just posted my rig for sale and I didn't ask for any special treatment. The picture was changed by Corey at his suggestion since he thought it would better showcase my rig since it was for sale. The buyer was from MUD.

The final statement I want to make is I used Yota Tech for information long before I began selling on there and have been a contributing member from the beginning when I signed up. I too hate all the drama on these forums and hope that this forum becomes a place that contributes information to reader/members so they can benefit from the knowledge you all have.

The selling of my rig was for several reasons and since the sale actually took place while I was out of town at my Mothers funeral I was relieved that I had the extra cash to pay for the funeral. Timing is everything sometimes.

I would like to be active on this forum but time is the biggest problem right now. I spend very little time on any forum. If you want us to advertise on here let me know. Otherwise I will just fad into the background. Unless I get banned for posting this.......I have no problem with Dave posting a retraction that the products were donated for the photo shoot by TRDParts4U.com and ARB/USA.

Strap22,

Let me first say that I am truly saddened by the loss of your Mother, I know when someone looses a parent it make life very diffcult. Again please accept my condolences!

Also I want to go on record that I have a great deal of respect for the people here and how this forum is run! I know that almost everyone here will do any thing they can to help a person solve any problems with their Toyota!!

The other thing that I would like to say is that I respect your courage to come out and face the potential ridicule that could have happened over the sensitive subject that you have addressed. I really admire you for doing that!

Ok, now down to the real reason I am glad to see you here....j/k If you check in the "off topic section," There is a place that a guy or lady can post pictures, in the section of, (Not Safe For Work!) If I recall it seems to me that you had a couple of photo's of ladies at a truck show with a featured white Toyota truck, I would love to see their picture posted here in that area!!! Now remember the rules here are not as strict, but never the less what you had posted at TOF was just OK for here too...

Actually just kidding about the last paragraph, but if you would like to go ahead....

Welcome, and enjoy this wonderful forum...
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Quote Originally Posted by Cebby
    Quote Originally Posted by midiwall
    Funny thing is, they complain about all the drama over there, then they turn around and bring it to our doorstep.
    Jeez Mike, I showed up to clear up the drama that was started HERE by TJ. That resulted in him making continued threats of bodily harm to me.
    TJ was venting. The drama started and spiralled quickly when you engaged him. Do I have a problem with that? No - I think it was very healthy for everyone to understand what's going on overthere.

What Bodily Harm? C'mon. Give me an example, I'm not sifting through 16 pages of TJ's ramblings. People say all sorts of stuff when they vent. Hell, look at your fearless leader over there. He makes hypothetical threats to anyone who looks at his "rig" wrong. The casket, the numchucks, the unfired AR-15.

Your tone just continues to drive the point home - YT is so hellbent on applying the letter of the law, that they've taken the helpful personal touch out of that place. Hell, I still get people PM'ing me for advice over there since they know I don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by midiwall

I do hope Mark returns to read your own words about the bumper. Seems he was getting conflicting information from somewhere.
    Look back a few pages... Steve asked me to comment on the screenshot that Andy posted, and I did. I agree that Corey was given the bumper - _as a promotional tool and payment for a photo shoot_. I don't see anything wrong with that, it happens all the time.
    I must have missed that - sorry. Let's all agree that none of us have a problem with Corey getting a free bumper and lift, OK? It's been beaten to death.

The issue is about how he intends to stick the members with the server bill rather than go back on his "word" about the vendor advertising being free. Same thing with the contributing members - once a contributing member always a contributing member, can't go back on my "word" he'd say. Guess what - the content was good enough to justify annual member fees in exchange for them to have all the features.

Sponsoring membership was set up annually and Contributing had the choice of recurring or one-time (I know since I was the one who set it all up). The sponsoring membership level was intended for vendors - but was never pushed that way while he solicited people to have a free vendor banner on the site. Hell he arbitrarily made himself a sponsoring member because he has access to the admin functions of the software. When called on it, he lumbered back under his rock and removed himself (or maybe Chris did, who knows for sure). It's a classic case of too much power - one little detail was forgotten, that with power comes responsibility. He has the ego trip part of it down - just look at his title over there. I fear that he'll never understand the obligation he has to the membership who built that place. He's just the caretaker, the members are the real stars of the show.

I was not rambling, and I did not threaten you Midiwall, I do not do that, bad things just start happening!! TJ
    2000, Toyota 4Runner,V6 Auto, SR-5 Silver,4X4 Leather,Moon-Roof, Cruise, A/C, Remote Start, Pwr. Windows &amp; Locks, Alumn. Wheels, Tires are Bridgestone, Full Auido up grade with XM, all Kenwood. Color matched Bug deflector, Roof rack, Dust Deflector and Rear wiper.&nbsp; <br /><br /><br />Resistance is Futile; buy a Toyota!

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast