Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BruceTS Rear Bumper and CO2 Air Tank Mounting

BruceTS Rear Bumper and CO2 Air Tank Mounting

I am another lucky owner of a fine BruceTS rear 3rd Gen Bumper! First one to go on a white Runner. LOL

Want to say that this is indeed a high quality fab job. Bruce put countless hours of R and D time into this thing and is really does show. Bruce you got skills brother!

The man at work on his rear frame jig

The time he puts into the mock up to make sure it fits all the little differences in each Runner is well worth it.

I will take some final product pics and post them up later.

CO2 Tank

My little project compaired to Bruces bumper was to mount the bracket for my Ultimate Air 10lb tank.

The bracket is pretty beefy and has lots of optional holes for mounting. This is a mod I have wanted to do for a long time and finally was able to.

I had to pull off the 1st gen roll bar and move it back 2" so it would tuck into the space between the bar and the back seat up on the wheel well. This was actually a good thing because when I initially put the roll bar in it was a rushed job and I was not happy with it. So this time I raised it up where it should have been and made some steal plates for the underside instead of just using washers. So now it is right.

________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Re: BruceTS Rear Bumper and CO2 Air Tank Mounting

Eric, nice! I am glad you posted this about the c02 tank, I am in the process of test fitting my rollbar, now I have to see if my 20lb tank will fit right there. Good job!
    My signature

niiiiice

niiiiiiiice x2

eric, post more pics!

very nice, everytime i see that set up (the spare tire) i want to do it, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

woot looking good eric
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

LOOK! it's not another green 4Runner, wait! It's the StormTrooper...........

That's right, that is 2 bumpers you see, one is heading down to San Diego and the other is heading up to Sacarmento........

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Thanks for the pic Bruce. I was painting the new base boards I did all day so no time to prep paint it to match my TJM and sliders. This week I will do it.

Bruce I like the Socal Quote of mine you used under your avatar! Cool.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    very nice, everytime i see that set up (the spare tire) i want to do it, lol
    Ric I tell you it works out so well. You do loose some room in the back but you have the entire back seat still and the roof if needed. I think you should do it. The roll bars are really easy to come by for less than $50.

nice upgrades eric! great work bruce
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast