Thread: camping spots in socal

camping spots in socal

alright i got a couple days i can spend with my kids preferebly in the mountains where it wont be so hot i'd like to go someplace i haven't been so if anyones got any secret spots or areas i haven't been to i'd like to hear about it
    thanks
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Re: camping spots in socal

How far are you thinking you are willing to drive?
    My signature

Mike,

I got two places I can highly recommend for cool, scenic and uncrowded:

- Montana de Oro
    - Kirk Creek (my favorite little, secluded spot...don't pass this around too much)

Both are on the Central, CA coast. I'm sure Slosurfer knows about them too. KC is a small place that most people probably drive by and not even know it. MDO is good for the kids because there's little cove that people play in to check out sea life when the tide goes down. There's a great bluff that is a good hiking trail for walking and you get a great ocean view.

Bob

bob

hey thanks for the ideas
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

i want to try the yellow post campsites in big bear. the area is just too dry to have camp fires now.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.