Thread: OEM Shackles? Loaners?

OEM Shackles? Loaners?

Does anyone have thier OEM shackles around after having gone to Aftermarket shackles? Its a wierd situation, but I need a set to go on my truck for a few days, I need mine off for
    1) my buddy wants to make a CAD drawing of them and look at making some aftermarket ones....
    2) powdercoat. I will have my lift by the end of the month, and my buddy wants to PC my shackles. lol. Seems ridiculous, but he wants to do it for free, so how can I say no?

If anyone does have a set of OEM shackles you are willing to let go of, or even can just do without for a week....Let me know, please!!
    Thanks guys!!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: OEM Shackles? Loaners?

Traitor!

Im not a traitor, I want J to do them. lol. but hes gonna do em for free.
    imma let J do my front lift stuff prolly. id make him do my skid plate, if I wasnt just going to beat the *%&# out of it.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

It might be easier and cheaper to just go get some ghetto autozone (or equivalent)extended shackles and use washers to make your own wide body spacers. Just make sure it is nice and tight and run it until he gives them back. You will be fine. It is a ghetto solution, but it works temporarily. Ask me how I know.

[IMG width=200]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e288/intrepidyota/4Runner%20minor%20repairs/shackles.jpg[/img]
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.