Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using the new posts by specific section?

Anyone using the new posts by specific section?

Under the "Forum Index" navbar item, if you hover over "New Posts", you'll see a flyout menu with searches for new posts for specific boards. We did a few as a pilot, but will be glad to add more.

#1 - anyone using these?

#2 - are there any that we can add that would be useful?
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Re: Anyone using the new posts by specific section?

i dont use them, i like to see all the posts on this board. especially where our posts per day are low (compared to powerhouses like mp3car, bit-tech, and that other place). i think once we get an average of 10 pages of new posts a day, having the sections will be useful.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

x2
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Everyonce in a while I will use it but generally I use the generic recent posts. ONe to trip planning could be useful, especially once there are more trips.
    My signature

i ussuall use the "recent posts" up on top
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I was thinking about this the other day and I think it would be more useful if they just jumped you to that actual section rather than just the new posts for that section. For new posts, I pretty much use the generic one but there are times I want to reread a thread in one of the vehicle sections and it would be nice to jump straight to that section. I think just the sections you already have and maybe add "Event Planning" to it, but mainly the vehicle sections.
    My signature

Is there any way to get a button to the last read post of a thread?
    For example, the "banned from other site" thread that if we see something like that where it's growing by the minute - it would be nice to have a specific place left off instead of hunting through the pages to find where you've last left off - especially if the thread has grown 5 pages since then.
    Beat up old 2002 Tacoma

If you click on the "New" right next to the thread, it will take you to the first new post that you haven't read.
    My signature

"New Posts" Button. Hopefully related enough to this topic (I'd don't really think it deserves it's own thread). On all the other forums I'm on (v-bulletin) the "New Posts" button will bring up a list of all the thread titles that have received new posts since the last time I logged on. If I hit the "New Posts" button here I get that there are 219 pages of new posts, I don't think there would be nearly that many in 24 hours. I may be missing something, I have searched around, but haven't found anyway that will bring up threads with new posts since my last log in. Just curious and perhaps a bit confused Thanks for any input.
    &#039;94 &#039;YotaRu&#039; 4Runner 3.Slo 5mt<br />&#039;03 &#039;Blubaru&#039; Forester X 4eat<br />&quot;Terrapondus&quot;-The natural tendency to gravitate toward the dirt.

I never noticed that existed. Cool feature. I use the "Recent Forum Topics" list on the homepage almost exclusively though. With the current traffic level on this site, this works fine for me; but as the site continues to grow, I can definitely see the usefulness of the "New Posts" feature in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i dont use them, i like to see all the posts on this board. especially where our posts per day are low (compared to powerhouses like mp3car, bit-tech, and that other place). i think once we get an average of 10 pages of new posts a day, having the sections will be useful.
    I agree.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast